Friday, July 2, 2010

Foodie Friday Crab and Salad Shrimp Puffs


I was craving crab puffs from the local Chinese restaurant, but didn't want to go out to get them and I looked around my kitchen and seemed to have similar ingredients, so I made some myself with a bit of a twist. These have salad shrimps in them and aren't made with wonton wrappers. So they aren't that authentic, but they turned out very tasty and I was happy with the results. This is very similar to my Spinach Puffs recipe.

Crab and Salad Shrimp Puffs

Ingredients:
1 8oz pkg cream cheese, softened
1 pkg imitation crab, shredded
1 handful peeled salad shrimp
1 med. onion, peeled and diced
1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
1 8oz pkg refrigerated crescent dinner rolls

Directions:
Prepare ingredients as stated above. Combine cream cheese, imitation crab, salad shrimp, onion and garlic. Mix well. Blend in blender or food processor if needed.

Open crescent roll dough and separate the rolls out flat onto a cookie sheet. Spoon a large spoonful of the mixture in the middle each triangle.

Roll the triangles up making sure each puff has some space in between it on the cookie sheet, and bake according to the directions on the package (usually this will be on an ungreased cookie sheet at 375 degrees for 11 to 13 minutes or until golden brown).

Use excess crab/shrimp goo as a yummy dip.


I am participating in Foodie Friday and contributing to this weeks Foodie Friday.

2 comments:

Jaedyn said...

Okay, how did you KNOW I was craving crab puffs? lol I'll be right over...

(I really was - I went to a local restaurant on Tuesday and ordered 10 crab puffs for $5.50, lol! They were sooo good, too... but these look a LOT better, much less greasy)

Finamoon said...

I love to experiment with the Pillsbury crescent rolls and Philadelphia cream cheese...it is easy to whip up anything to go with these two versatile ingredients. I assume you could make some kind of dessert variety with jelly/jam or pudding mixed in. Or another lunch or dinner one with different meat like shredded chicken or canned tuna.