Saturday, April 27, 2013

Disney Shake It Up: I Love/Heart Dance CD Review


I received Shake It Up: I <3 Dance soundtrack free from Walt Disney Records to facilitate this review.

My kids love Disney's Shake It Up TV series. It is funny and well written. The set looks very similar to the one they used for Wizards of Waverly Place. Shake It Up is a preteen - teen sitcom that stars Bella Thorne and Zendaya. The show is about two friends, CeCe Jones (Thorne) and Rocky Blue (Zendaya), that star as background dancers on Shake It Up Chicago. It also follows their misadventures on and off the Shake It Up Chicago set. Also staring as main cast members are: Davis Cleveland as Flynn Jones, Roshon Fegan as Ty Blue, Adam Irigoyen as Deuce Martinez, Kenton Duty as Gunther Hessenheffer and Caroline Sunshine as Tinka Hessenheffer.

The multi-talented stars of Shake It Up, Bella Thorne and Zendaya, both sing on I <3 Dance, the 3rd soundtrack from Shake IT Up and Walt Disney Records. Their fellow Disney stars also join them singing on this CD: Selena Gomez, Bridgit Mendler, Roshon Fegan and Caroline Sunshine, in addition to up-and-coming stars Coco Jones, McClain Sisters and more. My favorite songs on this album are: This Is My Dance Floor, Beat Of My Drum, Future Sounds Like Us, Shake It Up Theme Song, and We're Dancing. I haven't heard any of the other CDs to compare this one to, but this CD has a great dance beat, is clean and family friendly. It has pop, dance, rock and a bit of rap. These 12 tracks come from the 3rd season of the show. I believe my little sister Jennifer would love the series and albums because she loves to dance and Shake It Up reminds me of her.

Track Listing:

  1. Contagious Love (Zendaya and Bella Thorne)
  2. This Is My Dance Floor (Bella Thorne and Zendaya)
  3. Beat of My Drum (Zendaya)
  4. Blow the System (Bella Thorne)
  5. Afterparty (Roshon Fegan and Caroline Sunshine)
  6. Holla at the DJ (The DJ Mike D Remix) (Coco Jones)
  7. These Boots Are Made for Walkin (Olivia Holt)
  8. Sharp as a Razor (McClain Sisters)
  9. Future Sounds Like Us (Dove Cameron)
  10. I Can Do Better (Young LA)
  11. Shake It Up Theme Song (Cole Plante Reboot Remix) (Selena Gomez)
  12. Bonus Track: We're Dancing (Alex Ghenea 3.0 Remix) (Bridgit Mendler)

BUY IT
The Shake It Up: I <3 Dance soundtrack is currently available for $9.99 on both iTunes and Amazon.com.

Follow Disney Music on their webpage and listen on Radio Disney.

DISCLOSURE/DISCLAIMER: I received product for free to facilitate my review. My thoughts are mine and my family's own opinion and have not been altered by anyone else. I did not receive any other compensation for doing this review.

No comments: