Tuesday, August 24, 2010

My 5 Favorite Family Time Ideas

I love to spend time with my family and this summer has been great for getting together. I would love to share my 5 favorite family time ideas with you:

1. We love the outdoors and love to camp, hike, search for cool rocks (my boys are avid rock collectors), and go explore or visit new destinations. We also love to go to the park, playground and have a picnic. This is a picture of my kids at Arch Cape Beach in Seaside, Oregon in a arched cave we found.

2. We love to watch movies as a family. We sit around the computer monitor and watch because we don't own a TV.

3. We love to have a game night/day as a family. My favorite board/card games are Apples to Apples, Druthers, and Wildcraft.

4. We try to have have Family Home Evening together as a family. Since I am of the LDS/Mormon religion my family tries to hold a special time set aside each week that brings our family together and strengthens our love for each other. This helps us draw closer to our Heavenly Father and encourages us to live righteously. We sing hymns, go to events/outings, read scriptures, and pray together.

5. We love to do arts and crafts, cooking, and reading together. Since I homeschool I try to incorporate these activities into our learning.

Get some more family time inspiration from LEGO here!

Like/Fan LEGO on Facebook. Go to LEGO Games Challenge website and you can enter to win the LEGO Games Sweepstakes for a chance to be one of 4 families chosen to go to LEGOLAND California and compete in the LEGO Games Challenge.

DISCLOSURE/DISCLAIMER: I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and LEGO blogging program, making me eligible to get a prize pack. The first 30 qualified participants will get a LEGO prize pack that includes 2 games for your next family game night! In addition, 10 random winners will get a grand prize of a complete set of LEGO games! For more information on how you can participate, click HERE.

LEGO Games ChallengeFamily Time Activities

No comments: