I absolutely love coconut! I was introduced to Tropical Traditions by other blogs who were reviewing their products and I had to get in on the yum! I received the Tropical Traditions Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil in the 32 oz. size to try out and review for free.
This is one of the best coconut oils I have tasted! It is organic, unrefined and still all handmade from the Philippines. It was the first exported coconut oil from the Philippines to the USA. They produce their oil the traditional way of grating the fresh coconut by wet mill, extracting the coconut milk by cold press, and then letting the coconut milk stand in a covered container for about 24 hours. After about 24 hours, the oil naturally separates from the water producing a crystal clear oil that retains the full scent and taste of coconuts. It tastes so fresh! You can use this oil in a lot of recipes! It is very versatile and it contains no trans fatty acids so it is better for you than butter or vegetable oil.
No-Bake Blonde Coconut Macaroons
Recipe submitted by Stephanie, Goodyear, AZ
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
* 3 cups coconut flakes
* 1 1/2 cups almond flour (I used regular white flour because I didn't have this.)
* 1 cup maple syrup (possibly cut this into a half cup or a third cup so not as sweet)
* 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
* 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
Mix all ingredients together well. Form into balls and refrigerate until firm. These are also wonderful frozen!
See more recipes with Tropical Traditions products HERE.
Watch this video to learn more about the product:
Until Thursday August 19th you can get 2 gallons of the Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil for $99! Buy other sizes at different prices on their website store. Please when making an order choose “Referred by a Friend” and enter my User ID: 5689834 on your first online order! By doing this you will get a complimentary copy of Virgin Coconut Oil book and it will be automatically added to your order.
Tabitha from Tropical Traditions has generously offered a Quart of Coconut Oil for one of my readers to win.
1. Go to the Tropical Traditions website and tell me what other product(s) you would love to try and why.
1. Subscribe to my blog by feedburner or by email and let me know which way. (2 extra entries each)
2. Become my fan/like on facebook and write that you are entering this giveaway on my wall. (1 extra entry)
3. Blog about this giveaway on your blog and provide me with the link. Make sure you have the link to this post and Tropical Traditions in your blog entry or it won't count. (2 extra entries)
4. Grab My Button (see sidebar to the left) AND/OR Put My Blog URL in Your Blogroll - Leave Your Link. (1 extra entry)
5. Technorati my blog and let me know your link. (1 extra entry)
6. List this giveaway on any giveaway listing website or blog and tell me where you listed it. (2 extra entries)
7. Follow me on Twitter. (1 extra entry)
8. Tweet this: @finamoon: @Troptraditions WIN A Quart of Tropical Traditions Coconut Oil #giveaway http://bit.ly/bBqhxq
(Daily Extras are Available)
9. Fave me on Momfaves. (2 extra entries)
10. Comment on any of my other posts or enter my other giveaways and let me know which post you commented on. (1 extra entry per post you comment on)
11. Fan/Like Tropical Traditions on Facebook. (1 extra entry)
12. Follow Tropical Traditions on Twitter. (1 extra entry)
13. Sign up for their email sales newsletter. (3 extra entries)
Make sure you leave me your email in all posts so that I can contact you. If you subscribed, blogged about this, listed it, or faved me on Momfaves leave 2 entries saying you did. This contest ends on Friday August 27, 2010 at midnight (GMT-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada). This Giveaway is open to U.S. & Canada only!! Note to Canadian Participants: Tropical Traditions is not responsible for customs or duties that Canada may charge if you decide to participate in this Tropical Traditions sponsored blog giveaway.
DISCLOSURE/DISCLAIMER: Thanks to Tropical Traditions for sending me a free Tropical Traditions Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil in the 32 oz. size to test and review. This giveaway is also provided free from Tropical Traditions. My thoughts are mine and my family's own opinion and have not been altered by anyone else. I did not receive any other compensation for doing this review. Tropical Traditions provided me with a free sample of this product to review, and I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product.