The Okee Dokee Brothers called Take It Outside is wonderful! I received a free copy to review and I just love their down-to-earth, down home style. They have a bluegrass feel with a mix of country and folk. I love how they use wordplay in their songs and make them so fun and sometimes very goofy :)
The Songs include:
1. Bluegrass For Breakfast: This is a great song to get breakfast on in the morning with.
2. Neighbors: Such a super silly song! I don't know a weirder set of neighbors than these that are portrayed in this song, LOL!
3. Tippy Toes: A great song about the digits of your feet. I love the reference to going barefoot in this song as I sometimes love to go barefoot to reconnect with the Earth.
4. Hero: Has a lot of references to well known hero characters that your kids are sure to recognize. From Luke Skywalker to Captain Jack Sparrow to Indiana Jones, etc. this song is great and it makes one realize that we can be heroes too just by what we do and say.
5. Wash Your Face: A great song for any parent who has trouble getting their kid(s) to wash themselves after becoming unrecognizably dirty.
6. Lucy and Tighty: A great play on word song which introduces children to some big words in our vocabulary.
7. Water Balloon: This very repetitious song has one longing to get wet on a hot day :)
8. Antidisestablishmentarianism: Another song that will introduce your child to a very long word from our vocabulary...actually, the longest word!
9. Auctioneer: A great fast talkin' song that will get you wanting to bid on something :)
10. What We Got: This song is about the little things that we should be thankful for and that we should take care of it or it might not be here someday.
11. The Naked Truth: If your child listens to the lyrics of this song I am sure he/she will be in a giggle fit by the time it is over. You can listen to and download this one free HERE!
12. The Extraterrestrials: The imagination runs wild in this fun song about aliens...you know little green men?
13. Sweet Dreams: This CD winds down and ends with this sweet song about dreams. It is a great way to end this CD.
The Okee Dokee Brothers are fun to watch perform as well! With their beards, flannel shirts, overalls and instruments they're sure to be fun listening to around a campfire!
Here is Tippy Toes from YouTube:
Go HERE and you can buy The Okee Dokee Brothers merchandise.
We have generously been offered a The Okee Dokee Brothers - Take It Outside CD for one of my readers to win.
1. Go to the The Okee Dokee Brothers website and tell me what you learned.
1. Subscribe to my blog by feedburner or by email and let me know which way. (2 extra entries each)
2. Become my fan/like on facebook and write that you are entering this giveaway on my wall. (1 extra entry)
3. Blog about this giveaway on your blog and provide me with the link. Make sure you have the link to this post and The Okee Dokee Brothers in your blog entry or it won't count. (2 extra entries)
4. Grab My Button (see sidebar to the left) AND/OR Put My Blog URL in Your Blogroll - Leave Your Link. (1 extra entry)
5. Technorati my blog and let me know your link. (1 extra entry)
6. List this giveaway on any giveaway listing website or blog and tell me where you listed it. (2 extra entries)
7. Follow me on Twitter. (1 extra entry)
8. Tweet this: @finamoon: @OkeeDokeeBros WIN Take It Outside by The Okee Dokee Brothers CD #giveaway http://bit.ly/b47qbK
(Daily Extras are Available)
9. Fave me on Momfaves. (2 extra entries)
10. Comment on any of my other posts or enter my other giveaways and let me know which post you commented on. (1 extra entry per post you comment on)
11. Fan/Like The Okee Dokee Brothers on Facebook. (1 extra entry)
12. Follow The Okee Dokee Brothers on Twitter. (1 extra entry)
Make sure you leave me your email in all posts so that I can contact you. If you subscribed, blogged about this, listed it, or faved me on Momfaves leave 2 entries saying you did. This contest ends on Friday August 27, 2010 at midnight (GMT-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada). This Giveaway is open to U.S. Only!!
DISCLOSURE/DISCLAIMER: Thanks to Beth Blenz-Clucas of Sugar Mountain PR for sending me a free The Okee Dokee Brothers - Take It Outside CD to listen to and review. This giveaway is also provided free from Beth Blenz-Clucas of Sugar Mountain PR. My thoughts are mine and my family's own opinion and have not been altered by anyone else. I did not receive any other compensation for doing this review.