Thursday, July 23, 2009

Top 10 Reasons I am Excited to Stay Home with My Family this Coming Weekend.

So, there are a lot of bloggers out there that are going to BlogHer. I happen to NOT be one of them. So, instead I wanted to put my top 10 reasons I am excited to stay home with my family this coming weekend...

01. I can get away from the house a bit even if it will be with my family just running errands. (Many of you don't know this about me but, I still don't have my drivers license. I have a learners permit...just haven't passed the driving test yet. Yes, I know I am a bit old to not have one, but I get nervous! I know, I am a loser, LOL!)

02. My husband will be home with me and the family this weekend! He volunteered to work overtime last weekend because they were short 4 people.

03. I can look for a wheelchair accessible bus. (We have a five year old special needs daughter, Tatiana, that is currently wheelchair bound. We just found out that our 2006 van cannot be equipped with a ramp because it is too old a body style. So because our family might possible grow more, we are now looking for a small bus that will suit all our needs.)

04. I get to go to the Annual Neighborhood BBQ that my good friend, neighbor, and fellow homeschooler has been coordinating every year since she moved to the neighborhood.

05. I get to have my boys back from "Clark Camp", their grandparent's [Babu (short for Babushka...no she's not Russian, she's Alaskan and parts of Alaska have a lot of Russian Orthodox churches) and Papa Clark's] week of fun at their house.

06. I get to announce who the winners are for the giveaways going on now and ending Friday July 24, 2009 at midnight (GMT-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada) on my blog.

07. I won't be bombarded constantly by therapists and nurses coming to my home for Tatiana because it will be the weekend. (These are awesome folks! Tati and I just need a break once in a while.)

08. We will be able to go to Shriner's hospital to get Tatiana's AFOs (Ankle Foot Orthotics) looked at to see why they are pinching her. While we are there we will also be able to see if Tatiana's EasyStand stander can be fitted to her, get some straps for it, and get whatever else it needs for her to be able to use it. (It was a gracious second hand gift and we hope she can use it.)

09. I can relax at home, run around in my pajamas, eat home cooked meals, sleep in, be with my family, and not have to shave my legs, JK on the last one, LOL!

10. I get to enter contests that are for bloggers like me that can't go to BlogHer for one reason or another. Like these ones: Mommy's Quiet Time Non Blogger Party and the COZI Sponsorship - 15 Bloggers with $100 each!

Please I beg you! Help me win a $100 Cozi sponsorship and leave a comment on this post! Thank you!

8 comments:

silverhartgirl said...

I love Neighborhood BBQ. I am staying home with my family too this weekend. Hake fun and good luck

Meg from Megs A Mommy! said...

Very good reasons! =) I still wish I was going to BlogHer though...=D

Thanks for the follow!

Abigail said...

enjoy relaxing!!
good luck :)

Staci A said...

I hope you have a wonderful weekend (and get to relax a little)!

Anonymous said...

hey good luck !

Please share the comment love :)

http://icoulduseadeal.blogspot.com/2009/07/top-10-reasons-i-am-excited-to-stay.html

thx Jeanine

Unknown said...

A 2006 model is too old for a ramp? That's terrible! Good luck finding a bus AND on the $100!

Please share the comment love:
http://www.unorganizedmomma.com/2009/07/10-reasons-i-am-excited-to-stay-home.html

Christina - Rant Rave Roll said...

PJ's! I really should have included that on my list too. Great list!

tiff snedaker said...

Hope you had a fun relaxing weekend! Would love some comment love in return!

http://www.babesandkidsreview.com/2009/07/top-10-reasons-im-excited-to-stay-home-this-weekend/