Thursday, June 23, 2016

MySchoolYear.com My School Year (Homeschool Record Keeping) Review


My family had the privilege of trying the Annual Membership of the My School Year (Homeschool Record Keeping) from MySchoolYear.com for this review to use in conjunction with our own homeschool curriculum. This is a Schoolhouse Review Crew Review. All opinions expressed are my own or those of my family.

MySchoolYear.com is an online homeschool planner. It is great for record keeping, tracking, reporting, planning, and making lesson plans. This online database is wonderful for anyone that needs to totally organize their homeschool. It keeps grades, attendance, transcripts, report cards, awards, etc. for your students right at your fingertips. The My School Year (Homeschool Record Keeping) makes it easy to add, subtract, recreate, and save information. Since it is stored online you can access it anytime and anywhere you need to with internet.

Registration Wizard. If you click the need help buttons it will help you with all processes.

The My School Year (Homeschool Record Keeping) is very simple to use. You start out by picking what time frame for your school term you would like to use: traditional (September through May), quarters, or semesters. Then you can pick the name of your homeschool. If you have more than one place your student has instruction, for example, a music instructors home, you may also enter that.  Then you can begin entering all of your students and their subjects and classes. Under each class you are able to enter the curriculum that will be used for each student for that school year.

Teacher's Aid

The website is easily navigated as well. At the top left you will see a pull down menu you can click on under "My Homeschool". This shows many pages that you may go to within the website...
  • Homeroom: This webpage lets you select a student a view an overview of everything with charts of their current homeschool status. This is a great place to see classes, attendance, events, awards, readings, extra curricular, and tests all on one screen for each student. You may also add, edit or view these as well from here. 
  • Planbook: On this webpage you can update lessons, mark lessons as complete, reschedule as needed, and/or change them altogether. With this you can know exactly what is overdue, current, or upcoming. The Planbook also has a search, filter and sort options to easily find a lesson you are looking for. 
  • Reports: This webpage gives you access to awards, course descriptions, events, extra curricular, instructional hours, lesson plan, materials - lesson plan, materials - reading log/list, reading log/list, report card, standardized tests, and transcript. You may sort these by: all reports, all-student based, all-term based, non-term based, and reference.
  • Teacher's Aid: This webpage will alert, warn, and/or recommend what you should be doing next. This takes the guesswork out and reminds you when something needs done. There is also a orange circle up by the pull down menu that tells you how many alerts you need to fix or remove.
  • Tools: Copy classes/lessons, copy reading log/list, create-a-plan, reschedule lessons, and track attendance with ease. Create-A-Plan lesson generator can create lessons in bulk. Use Rapid Repeat, a repeater tool for if your student is doing something more than once, and Quick Split, a tool to help you know how many pages to assign of a book if you want an equal amount per day, to help you too. 
  • Setup: You can setup grading scales, materials, schools, students, subjects, terms (school years) with these pages.
  • My Account: You can view your profile, settings, and password and update these if needed.
  
How We Used This and Our Thoughts:

We received an annual membership of the My School Year (Homeschool Record Keeping). I am not much of a planner and usually homeschool with the flow of the day, so at first this seemed like a daunting and overwhelming task to me. Oregon state law is fairly lenient on homeschoolers that live here. Oregonians do not have to send in lesson plans, curriculum, or a portfolio of the students work. We only have to let the Educational Service District (ESD) know we are homeschooling and have our students test at grades 3, 5, 8 and 10. I know my homeschool needs a bit more structure and organization though, so I was happy to try out this planner to see if it would help me with this.

I placed my four children in the program and set their classes up for the upcoming school year (2016-2017). I made a curriculum of what they were going to study and when for each class. I love the Create-A-Plan lesson generator and the Rapid Repeat and Quick Split makes it so much easier to configure. I like that I can receive weekly and/or daily emails of the lessons that need done each day and my students can get sent one as well of their lessons needing accomplished. This is especially great for my sons in high school because I can create documents like transcripts and report cards and MySchoolYear.com shows me exactly how and gives me samples of each to pull from. I am happy to know that my homeschool information that I enter in is secure in the cloud as well. There is still a lot to add and fill in for next year, but I love this program because of how simple it is to use and set up.

BUY IT
You can try the free month trial to see how you might like this program. There are two Membership Plans: Monthly for $5 per month or Annual for $40 a year (save 33%!). Both plans also include a free month trial and the annual plan has a price lock guarantee.

Follow Them on Social Media:
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/MySchoolYearWeb/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/@MySchoolYearWeb
Google+ - https://plus.google.com/+MyschoolyearWeb 
Hashtags:  #hsreviews #recordkeeping #homeschoolorganization

Read other homeschool curriculum reviews for MySchoolYear.com...
Homeschool Record Keeping {MySchoolYear.com Review}

Crew Disclaimer

No comments: