Monday, July 29, 2013

Weight Watchers Smart Ones Fajitas Meals Review


We received 3 Weight Watchers Smart Ones Fajitas Meals free to facilitate this review.

The Smart Ones Weight Watcher meals have the PointsPlus values right on the packaging so it is easy to know what to watch for. With the PointsPlus program you are encouraged to use those points wisely by maximizing your point allowance. By eating more foods rich in protein and fiber like whole grains and lean meats you will feel full faster and still have all the healthy benefits of a nutritious meal. You are also encouraged to eat more fruit and non starchy veggies. These are low in calories and high in nutrients.

The Principals of Weight Watchers: 
  1. Portion control so you can eat the foods you love.
  2. Don't skip breakfast! It will start your day out right and manage hunger.
  3. Eat a variety of protein rich foods.
  4. Whole grains, fruits, and non starchy veggies can help you stay full longer.
  5. Choose smarter snack and dessert choices.
  6. Have support and knowledge at your fingertips.
I received 3 different Weight Watchers Smart Ones Fajitas: Chicken, Steak and Portobello Mushroom. I wasn't sure how to prepare the Portobello Mushroom one because it had a blank box with a sticker on the side that said what it was and the ingredients, but not the other information. I looked at the other two boxes and they had the exact same preparation on them, so I figured I would also follow these instructions for the Portobello Mushroom ones. These are microwaved meals and the directions were very easy to follow. You even cook the tortillas for 25 seconds to get them warm and yummy to wrap the meat and veggies in. One of these is supposed to be a portion controlled meal. If I just ate one of these meals I would not feel full. I cooked all of them and shared them each with my husband so that I could taste them side by side and see which I liked the best. All of these I think need more tortillas with them because I ran out of tortillas and had to eat the rest with a fork. These were also all very drippy, bring napkins.

The Weight Watchers Smart Ones Chicken Fajitas were the best tasting in my opinion. I loved the grilled chicken flavor. These have grilled white meat chicken with seasoned peppers & onions and a side of rice and beans. Two tortillas are included. This one has 290 calories, 5g fat, 5g fiber, and 16g protein. It is a 7 PointsPlus value.

The Weight Watchers Smart Ones Portobello Mushroom Fajitas turned out too runny in my opinion and weren't cooked all the way through. The juices didn't get properly soaked up in the mix. I zapped them in the microwave for a minute longer and then the veggies, mushrooms rice and beans looked better. The mix was a little tasteless and could have used some extra spices. These have Portobello mushrooms, bell peppers. onions, black beans and corn served with rice and beans. Two tortillas are included. This one has 300 calories, 5g fat, 7g fiber, and 10g of protein. It is a 7 PointsPlus value.

The Weight Watchers Smart Ones Steak Fajitas were really yummy, but I would have liked more steak with the meal. These have beef steak with seasoned peppers & onions and a side of rice and beans. Two tortillas are included. This one has 300 calories, 7g fat, 5g fiber, and 16g of protein. It is a 8 PointsPlus value.

DISCLOSURE/DISCLAIMER: I received product for free to facilitate my review. My thoughts are mine and my family's own opinion and have not been altered by anyone else. I did not receive any other compensation for doing this review.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I liked the Smart ones Chicken fajitas when they came out. I had not had them in awhile so bought one the other day jan 26, 2015

I noticed it did not taste the same from when I had a few in summer of 2014. Even the container it cooks in was now white, the containers last yr were black.

Ok well, i decided since they changed the container, they surely did change the taste. The chicken is not as good either, it is like cheap plastic style chicken. You know like the fake plastic style eggs on dunkin doughnuts breakfast sandwiches.

I am hating these companies, they bring something new out with what seems like high quality ingredients just to get ya hooked.. Then whammo, they go cheaper and less tasty.