Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Calbee Harvest Snaps Snapea Crisps and Lentil Snaps Review

 We received a package of each flavor of Harvest Snaps free to facilitate this review.

When my lovely daughter Tatiana was still with us she loved to eat salty snacks. In fact salty snacks were one of only a small handful of items she would eat. She had a condition called Diabetes Insipidus a.k.a. Water Diabetes, among other things. This condition made her crave salty things. We would try to find things that she would eat that were also moderately healthy and one of the items she loved was Calbee's Snapea Crisps. She just couldn't get enough of them. I can just hear her cute little voice saying, "more!", and see her red ringlets dancing around her big blue eyed grin.

Fast forward to now and Calbee has re-branded to include more of a variety with the name Harvest Snaps and along with peas they now also offer lentils. The packaging has also gotten a makeover. These baked, not fried, salty snacks are better for you than a lot of other salty snacks out there and they now come in 6 delicious flavors! These are sourced from US & Canadian farms and are made with non-GMO Canola/Sunflower oil. Made of 70% pea, the Snapea Crisps have 4 varieties: Lightly Salted, Caesar, Black Pepper and Wasabi Ranch. Made of 65% lentil bean, the Lentil Snaps have a total of two flavors: Tomato Basil and Onion Thyme.

Compared to regular potato chips these have:
  • less fat and sodium
  • higher levels of protein and fiber
  • gluten-free (Harvest Snaps are made in a facility that also manufactures products containing wheat, milk, soy, shrimp and fish.)
  • lower glycemic index
  • more vitamin B
I love that these are super crunchy and guilt-free. My favorite of the Snapea Crisps are the original Caesar flavor and the new Wasabi Ranch! I also love both Lentil Snaps. I hope they come out with more flavors! These are so yummy and sooooooooooooo addictive. My husband's favorite was the Black Pepper and the Wasabi Ranch ones. My kids loved all of them, but seemed to like the Black Pepper one the least. They are a bit greasy too and the salt sticks to your fingers when you eat them, so have a napkin nearby. This salty, crunchy snack definitely satisfies my munchies. These make an great addition to lunch boxes and after school snacks! They are also wonderful thrown in a salad for an extra crunch or dipped in dressing or plain yogurt.

Get Connected:
BUY IT
Find them where you live with their location finder.

DISCLOSURE/DISCLAIMER: I received product for free to facilitate my review. My thoughts are mine and my family's own opinion and have not been altered by anyone else. I did not receive any other compensation for doing this review.

No comments: