Monday, June 21, 2010

Sizzling Summer

My husband's Birthday always falls on today, June 21st which is also the First Day Of Summer (Summer Solstice), so to celebrate his Birthday I want to do a little tribute to my favorite things of Summer, besides him of course!...
I absolutely love watermelon! They are so good for you because of the high water content and they taste so juicy and sweet!

Refreshing beverages like lemonade, iced sun tea, soda floats, and homemade fruit smoothies are great to quench your thirst after a long hot day. Frozen fruit, homemade Popsicles and ice cream are also great to cool one down.

I love great outdoor cooking! Barbecuing on a grill outdoors makes the food taste so good! I love a good shish kabob!

Playing water games are great fun to cool off! This is my son Delbin when he was 2 years old playing in our kiddie pool. Besides the pool my kids love to play in the sprinkler and squirt water guns at each other :) I used to go ice blocking down grassy hills when I was a teen.

Summer is the time to camp! Don't forget the marshmallows to make S'mores!

Happy Birthday to my wonderful husband, Brian!!

What do you love to do during the Summer?? How do you stay cool? I'd love to read your comments!

No comments: