Saturday, November 3, 2012

Kylie Minogue The Abbey Road Sessions CD Review

Australian born, Kylie Minogue has been a global pop icon for 25 years. She has had 60 million global album sales, multiple hit singles, global tours, collaborations, countless industry accolades, acting roles and TV appearances. In 1987 her music career started when she released her first single; a remake of the 1962 Little Eva hit “Locomotion”. She has been singing and acting ever since.

Being released in the US on November 6th, this album, The Abbey Road Sessions was recorded in London's legendary Abbey Road Studios with Kylie's band and a full orchestra. As much as I love full orchestras usually, I miss her 80's flair on this album. The songs do not have the same flavor. Her songs don't pop in the same way and are not as upbeat. The sixteen tracks on this album have been radically reimagined and rearranged. She had always wanted to record in this way and so it was one of those things I think that she needed to do and I applaud her in living out her dream.


Don't get me wrong, I love the album, but in a totally different way. This album has a more emotional tone to it. Her voice shines and resonates more in this album. The songs are more clear and defined. The orchestral arrangement of this album and sound of the studio gives it a special ambiance. I love the reworked "Can't Get You Out Of My Head". It still works well with the orchestra. The previously unreleased "Flower" is one of my favorites on the album. I love the lyrics! She wrote this song years ago following her battle with breast cancer as an ode to the child she hopes to have some day.

Kylie Minogue - The Abbey Road Sessions Album Sampler

Tracklist:
01. All the Lovers
02. On a Night Like This
03. Better the Devil You Know
04. Hand On Your Heart
05. I Believe in You
06. Come Into My World
07. Finer Feelings
08. Confide in Me
09. Slow
10. Locomotion
11. Can’t Get You Out of My Head
12. Where the Wild Roses Grow
13. Flower
14. I Should Be So Lucky
15. Love At First Sight
16. Never Too Late

BUY IT
This would be great for a stocking stuffer or gift for the upcoming holidays.
iTunes $11.99
Amazon (Deluxe) $14.46
Amazon (Standard) $9.99

Follow Her
Kylie on Twitter
Kylie on Facebook
Kylie will appear on Dancing With The Stars on November 13th and The Tonight Show with Jay Leno on November 14th to perform "The Locomotion."

DISCLOSURE/DISCLAIMER: Thanks to One2One Network for sending me product for free to facilitate my review. By posting early I am entered to win prizes. My thoughts are mine and my family's own opinion and have not been altered by anyone else. I did not receive any other compensation for doing this review.

5 comments:

Jeannette said...

Oh, I used to love Kylie! And this album seems like it would be right in line with that I listen to with the instruments! Thanks for sharing!

The Rebel Chick said...

My husband likes her, I will have to ask him if he's bought this yet!

Michele said...

Wow, this looks like a great CD. My son really likes her music and just about any kind of music, so we will have to check this out. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I used to listen to her a lot. Will give this a try.
mhoward

Ellen said...

What gorgeous music. Definitely my kind of tunes!