While I was at church this past Sunday I heard about an free event for the public for the holidays and ever advancing Christmas season. The Longview LDS Stake Center is having their very first annual Community Festival of Nativities. I have been to one of these festivals when I was living in Ohio and it is really something to behold. People donate their unique nativities to be displayed for the time of the festival. Longview hopes to have literally hundreds of different Christmas nativities from around the world on display for people to come and view. They will also have music from talented local performers.
- What: 1st Annual Community Festival of Nativities (FREE Event)
- Date: Friday through Sunday, November 30th-December 2nd, 2012
- Time: 4-9pm (OPEN HOUSE)
- Place: 900 11th Ave. Longview, WA, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Are You Going? Let Them Know: FB Events Page
If you don't live in my neck of the woods there is also one located in Vancouver Washington and Gladstone Oregon that is closer to Portland. Both Vancouver and Gladstone will also have a live Nativity and a room with activities for the kids to do.
- What: 12th Annual Festival of Nativities (FREE Event)
- Date: Thursday through Sunday, November 29th-December 2nd, 2012. The live nativity will be held outside the building on Saturday, December 1st, at 6pm and then again at 8pm on the northeast lawn.
- Time: 12-9pm (OPEN HOUSE)
- Place: 10509 S.E. 5th Street Vancouver, WA, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- What: Joy to the World, Festival of Nativities (FREE Event)
- Date: Thursday through Monday, December 6th-10th, 2012
- Time: Thurs-Sat 1pm-9pm Sun-Mon 4:30pm-9pm
- Place: 8331 Cason Road, Gladstone, Oregon, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
- Other Info: FB Page
DISCLOSURE/DISCLAIMER: I became aware of these events and was also given more information by email about this. Thanks to everyone involved for these events. My thoughts are mine and my family's own opinion and have not been altered by anyone else. I did not receive any compensation for posting about this event. The above art is used with permission by Longview LDS Stake Center to advertise their event. It is ©Joseph F. Brickey and is called "A Savior is Born".