Monday, November 13, 2017

Sound for Life LTD Forbrain Review


My family had the privilege of trying the Forbrain from Sound for Life LTD for this review to use in conjunction with our own homeschool curriculum. This is a Homeschool Review Crew Review. All opinions expressed are my own or those of my family.

Sound for Life LTD is a Hong Kong based company that specializes in the development of effective products to support cognitive abilities and skills. They have researched cognitive science and neuropsychology research from around the world. After doing so they collaborated with Aftershokz LLC, a world leader in bone conduction technology to create Forbrain.

Forbrain is a headset device that is designed to help people with attention difficulties, speech and language issues, or poor memory. It uses bone conduction, dynamic filter, and auditory feedback loop to increase memory, concentration, attention, and focus helping correct the way the user hears their own voice to improve speech, motivation, and confidence. If used properly about 15 minutes once or twice a day for at least 6 weeks, benefits can be attained. Recommended for children at least 4 years of age to adult.

Forbrain comes with everything you see here.

What Forbrain Includes:
  • Forbrain Headset
  • USB to micro USB Charging Cable
  • Forbrain Brochure with suggested exercises
  • Users Manual
  • 3 Extra Microphone Covers
  • Zippered Case to place everything in

Forbrain needs to be charged for three hours before first use. It charges with a USB to micro USB charging cable. The micro USB socket can be found on the Dynamic Filter along with the on/off button and volume button. The LED light is also located on the Dynamic Filter and shows: a solid blue when on and working, no blue light when power is off or when battery is too low, solid red when headphone is being charged, and no red light when charging is complete. The battery life is more than 6 hours while in operation. Volume is set by default already for optimal use.

Forbrain fits neatly into a convenient case to take with you on-the-go.

Forbrain Features:
  • High Quality Microphone
  • Bone Conduction Transducers
  • Dynamic Filter
  • LED Light
  • ON/OFF Button
  • Volume +/-
  • USB socket


Here I am using the Forbrain headset while I am at my computer desk.

How We Used This and Our Thoughts:
We received Forbrain to try out and test in our home setting. I decided to try it out myself first. I wanted to enhance my memory, focus, concentration, ability to stay on task, and brain function. I have been using it once a day for about 20 minutes. I have been pleasantly surprised by this bone conduction headset even though I have only been using it for less than the 6 weeks because our review period for this product wasn't quite long enough.

Forbrain is very comfortable to wear and portable. The headset band rests over the ears and around the back of the head above the neck. The bone conduction transducers rest on the temporal bones (bones in front of the ears) on each side of the head. This does not rest in the ear or on top of the ear at all like headphones do. The microphone is worn about 3 cm from the mouth, slightly to the right. You can walk around the house while wearing it if you like because there are no cords tethering it to anything.

When using Forbrain you need to read text, lyrics, poetry, etc. aloud for appropriate brain stimulation. I loved to use this as I was doing scripture study and reading a book or story to myself or my children. I also found that it was wonderful to use while singing aloud so that I could hear myself and auto-correct any pitch and tone issues or out of tune problems. It was like I was my own auto-tune device.

There were a lot of bonuses I found while using Forbrain. I love that it filters out background noise that causes distraction and lets you focus on what you are trying to accomplish better. I found I was getting a lot more done, remembering things better, and speaking a lot more eloquently.

We had one issue with the headset. The headset band isn't adjustable, so larger heads or heads with big hair are not able to be accommodated. My son Delbin tried it out for a bit and it didn't really fit him because he has some wild curly hair. I could see this as a big problem if my husband wanted to try it for this reason too. I know this is usually used for smaller kids, but those that do want to use it that are older I believe should be able to wear this comfortably as well.

I can not wait to use Forbrain more and see what else it can help me with. After I am done using it I want to try it with: my husband who has Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS) and Tourettes, my mother who has vocal chord dysfunction, and my youngest daughter to help with her speech and auditory processing issues. I highly recommend this for anyone with speech and language difficulties, auditory processing disorder, sensory integration disorder, reading difficulties, ADD, ADHD, memory issues, and vocal cord dysfunction.

Follow Them on Social Media:

BUY IT
You can purchase Forbrain from Sound for Life LTD for $299. It comes with a 2 year warranty and 100% satisfaction guarantee.

Read other homeschool curriculum reviews for Sound for Life LTD...
Forbrain {Sound For Life Ltd Review}

Crew Disclaimer

No comments: