Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Oregon Zoo Participating in Boo At The Zoo: Eco-Friendly Halloween Celebrations Hosted By Zoos Nationwide


I just got word that the Oregon Zoo (which is one of my favorite places to hang out with my family) is participating in Boo At The Zoo, an Eco-Friendly Green Halloween Celebration, during their Howloween event. Other zoos are also participating in the Boo At The Zoo event. This is a nationwide initiative to make Halloween healthier and more eco-friendly.

The zoos hand out contributions from any number of these organic and healthy product partners Larabar, Cascadian Farms, Stretch Island Fruit, Unreal Candy, Honest Tea, Endangered Species Chocolate, Plum Kids, Applegate, Surf Sweets, Bitsy Brainfood, Brainard's Natural Remedies, Glee Gum, Kiwi Magazine, and CelebrateGreen.net. In addition, the Oregon Zoo is going one step further in being eco-friendly in having all of the prize bags be fully compostable!

Here is the Oregon Zoo lineup of events:
All this is free with Paid Admission.
Zoo admission runs $7.50 to $10.50 and is free for those 2 and younger.

If you do not have a participating zoo or aquarium in your area you could instead pass out eco-friendly things to trick-or-treaters.

DISCLOSURE/DISCLAIMER: Since I am in the Cascadia Connect group of bloggers I became aware of this event and was also emailed about this. I can receive free tickets if I am available to go. Thanks to the zoo and others involved for this opportunity. My thoughts are mine and my family's own opinion and have not been altered by anyone else. I did not receive any other compensation for posting about this promotion. The above photo is provided by the Oregon Zoo Facebook page cover photo.

1 comment:

Erin said...

What a great event! I am going to have to shoot to go next year! I love that they are giving out a healthy alternative to most treats kids will receive on Halloween too!