Thursday, March 15, 2012

Icebox Knitting XOB Upcycled Knit Cap Review

In the spirit of Spring which officially starts March 20th and Earth Day which is April 22nd I am featuring Icebox Knitting and their XOB Upcycled creations on my Spring Gift Guide this year. "Xob Upcycled hats and accessories (say Zob) employs this concept: upcycle what you've got and create fun!" They upcycle thousands of wool sweaters and suit jackets to make new things. They stitch together the useable pieces and accent them with boucle’ yarn turning them into new products and then recycle the rest of the textiles. This process is very earth friendly and the end product is unique and beautiful. They have hats, caps, arm warmers, hand warmers, mittens, headbands, scarves, pillows, sweater monkeys, stockings, blankets, and bags. They are available in the color options: blue/green, brown/tan, black/grey, or brights. Fabric patterns vary and are one-of-a-kind.

Icebox Knitting sent me a Knit Cap to review and my son, Jaedan, loved it! The one we received is in great gender neutral colors for both him and I to wear it. Although, I probably would have got one in pinks and purples like the other one in the picture above if I were buying one for myself. The cap is warm to wear in the brisk air and very well made. They make so many other different hats too not just this kind. I also love their Xobomber hats and their Pom hats too.

DISCLOSURE/DISCLAIMER: Thanks to ChicExecs, a company which was created to promote small business campaigns, I was able to let you know about this product. Icebox Knitting provided me with the product for free to try and review. My thoughts are mine and my family's own opinion and have not been altered by anyone else. I did not receive any other compensation for doing this review.

No comments: