Thursday, June 28, 2007

My Homeschooling Style

I am a member of the Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter Day Saints. We are also known by many as LDS or Mormon. I am also a mother of three beautiful children. Two boys and a girl. I am homeschooling my children in an eclectic way. Eclectic homeschooling is simply; selecting and using what seems best from various sources, systems, or schools of thought. This approach combines some of the elements of the other approaches. I am using the combination of elements from Charlotte Mason, Unit Studies, Waldorf, Montessori, Classical, Unschooling, and LDS/Christian approaches. I might combine other approaches if I feel that they go well with what I am teaching.

I love the idea of incorporating these things into my homeschooling...
Character Building/Living Books
Lapbooking/Notebooking
Flashcards/Charts/Worksheets
Copious (abundant) Reading: Dictation/Narration/Phonics/Library Visits
Writing: Copywork
Mathematics: Manipulatives
Art: Picture Study
Music: Composer Study
Foreign LanguageBible/BofM Study
Homemaking/Nature Study and observation/Nature Journal

No comments: