Skin Free is a company that boasts that their skin care products: are all natural, have vegan ingredients, no perfumes, no petroleum products, no harmful chemicals, no steroids, no colorants, no greasy feeling, no animal testing, and are cruelty free. Their products are recommended for individuals with: extreme dry skin, skin or fragrance allergies, psoriasis, dermatitis, and / or eczema.
I love exfoliating scrubs and body butters so I picked their Skin Renewal System to test and review. It includes their Sweet & Smooth Sugar Scrub and their Whipped Tamanu Body Butter.
I tried the Sweet & Smooth Sugar Scrub first which was placed in a clear plastic bag for shipment. I was happy that this was done because it had leaked oil out of the container and into the bag instead of all over the box it came in. I decided to store it in the refrigerator because it looked like the contents were melting and separating. Once I decided to try it out it was a hot day and even though there was still an extra step to mix it together that it doesn't have in the directions it felt really good on my face. The chilled mix of sugar, olive oil, sweet almond oil, glycerin, and Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate (a preservative that is used in small quantities and so shouldn't irritate your skin) was invigorating. It polished my skin deep down smoothing away any imperfections and dull, dry skin. Besides the face it can be used on the rest of the body, especially the hands for an instant manicure and rough areas of the elbows or feet.
The Tamanu Body Butter has distilled spring water, shea butter, tamanu oil, olive oil, sweet almond oil, emulsifying wax, stearic acid (a waxy solid made from vegetable fats and oils), essential oils of grapefruit and geranium, and Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate (a preservative that is used in small quantities and so shouldn't irritate your skin). It smells very distinctly of the geranium essential oil. So, if you don't like flowery smells or are allergic just take that into account. My son, Jaedan, is apparently allergic because when my husband and I tried the body butter he started sneezing nonstop until he left the room where we were. Regardless of that little setback my husband and I really liked the Tamanu Body Butter although maybe they could have had two varieties of Tamanu Body Butter...one with the geranium and one without. Tamanu is a plant that Polynesians prize for its healing and protective properties. The oil is used by them for everything from minor abrasions to severe sunburn and major skin infections. Tamanu oil has a unique fatty acid called calophyllic acid that stimulates cell growth. It also contains calophyllolide which has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. The Tamanu Body Butter felt very nice going on my skin and rubbed in well. It made my skin extra soft and it felt as though it was smoothing out my laugh lines on my face.
I felt as though I was at a spa having a relaxing treatment done when using these products!
Skin Free is having a Buy One Get One (BOGO) free promotion with select Walgreens and CVS stores! Buy product at select Walgreens or CVS & Skin Free will send you a free product.
Win it! Julie at Skin Free is giving one lucky reader a $30 gift certificate for products at Skin Free.
1. Go to the Skin Free website and tell me what products you would like to get with your gift certificate if you win.
1. Subscribe to my blog by email and let me know. (2 extra entries)
2. Become my fan on Facebook. (1 extra entry)
3. Blog about this giveaway on your blog and provide me with the link. Make sure you have the link to this post and Skin Free in your blog entry or it won't count. (2 extra entries)
4. Grab My Button - See Sidebar to the left - Leave your link (1 extra entry)
5. Technorati my blog and let me know your link. (1 extra entry)
6. Follow me on twitter and retweet this: @finamoon: @skinfree WIN: Skin Free Skin Care $30 Gift Certificate http://bit.ly/DsVR4
(Daily Extras are Available)
7. Fave me on Momfaves. (2 extra entries)
8. Comment on any other one of my posts and tell me which one. (1 extra entry)
9. Become a Skin Free follower on Twitter. (1 extra entry)
10. Become a fan of Skin Free on Facebook. (1 extra entry)
Make sure you leave me your email in all posts so that I can contact you. If you subscribed by email, blogged about this or faved me on Momfaves leave 2 entries saying you did. This contest ends on Friday September 4, 2009 at midnight (GMT-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada). This Giveaway is open to U.S. AND Canada only!!