Monday, August 24, 2009

Read and Share Toddler Bible retold by Gwen Ellis Review

The Read and Share Toddler Bible has a DVD with it and both are geared towards kids ages 1-4 years. Both have very cute and colorful illustrations / animations by Steve Smallman. The book has 40 stories from both the Old Testament (25) and New Testament (15). The DVD has 14 short 3 minute stories that are supposed to hold your toddlers attention. Three minutes is perfect because my daughter, Teela, who is 16 months is too wiggly to sit still for very much longer. Even my eight and seven year old boys enjoyed reading the stories themselves to my daughters from the book. The only thing that I did not like about the book is that you cannot read it along with the DVD, as I first thought, because the book has different wording than the DVD. The DVD doesn't help teach word recognition skills.

Both book and DVD are designed with toddlers in mind. The book has simple, catchy words that toddlers can understand and enjoy. My daughter is a little young to grasp a few of the concepts just yet but she will soon learn what they all mean. At the end of each chapter there is an interactive activity that helps parents to reinforce the stories. All in all I thought this book and DVD was very cute and that they both taught little ones well of the teachings of the bible. At $11-$15 it is worth getting for your little ones book shelf!

I am a Thomas Nelson Book Review Blogger and I thank them for providing me with this book to review.

No comments: