Thursday, September 9, 2010

CSN Stores Farberware Classic Stainless Steel 10 Piece Cookware Set with Glass Lids Review

Since I am a CSN Preferred Blogger I received a $60 Gift Code free to use at their stores and review the item I got with it. I decided to get the Farberware Classic Stainless Steel 10 Piece Cookware Set with Glass Lids with it because I needed more pots and pans for my kitchen! It includes a 7" nonstick skillet, 9" nonstick skillet, 1 quart covered sauce pan, 1.5 quart covered sauce pan, 2 quart covered sauce pan and 5.5 quart covered sauce pan. I love this set! It has saved me time cooking. I just wish now I had a stove with more than 4 burners, LOL!

I was looking for a stainless steel set because I like stainless steel so much better than just aluminum ones. I love that they are made of heavy 18/10 polished stainless steel because they are beautiful in my kitchen and seem very durable. I don't, however; know how long the polished look of the stainless is going to last. These pots and skillets have a thick aluminum disk base that is great for quick, even heat distribution. This thick aluminum disk base is completely encapsulated by stainless steel which helps them resist corrosion and discoloring making clean up easier. The pans' rims are rolled for strength and make it possible to pour without dripping.

I have to confess though that I love my cast iron skillets better than these nonstick skillets. I don't like nonstick coatings because they usually end up scratching easily (unless used with proper utensils) and sometimes flake off into the food I cook. I love cast iron and if seasoned properly it is very easy to clean. Also, I am sometimes anemic (have low iron) especially while pregnant and cooking with cast iron helps my anemia. My mother, however; is post menopausal and too much iron could cause her problems she doesn't need or want so I like having a few nonstick pieces of cookware around for when she visits.

This set has 4 pots that all have glass lids. These lids fit tightly and help keep moisture and nutrients inside. I can also see into the pot at everything cooking inside it which makes it easier to know when the contents start boiling or simmering without lifting the lid and letting the nutrients and moisture escape. The handles have a retro look to them because they are made of phenolic (Bakelite) and are oven-safe up to 350 degrees F.

Even though I had some difficulty picking out the item I was going to purchase with the gift code at CSN Stores because there are so many fantastic items at their over 200+ stores online, CSN Stores was very easy to order from and my order came very quickly. I made my purchase late night on Sunday, August 22nd. It left their warehouse Thursday, August 26th UPS ground and was supposed to arrive between 1 and 6 business days. It arrived at my house on Monday, August 30th (so only 3 business days). I was very happy with my order and plan to use the cookware set often!

DISCLOSURE/DISCLAIMER: Thanks to CSN Stores for providing me with the $60 Gift Code free to use at their stores so that I could review the item I got with it. My thoughts are mine and my family's own opinion and have not been altered by anyone else. I did not receive any other compensation for posting this review.

No comments: