Old El Paso taco seasoning in it for free to try out and review. I made the tacos pictured here with it. Old El Paso taco seasoning comes in a packet to use if you want to quickly make a Mexican meal and either don't have all the right taco seasoning mix of herbs and spices at home or don't want to mess with searching for them in your cabinet. Sometimes you just want to make a quick and fairly simple meal for your family. Old El Paso taco seasoning is great for just whipping out a yummy Mexican dish. However; it has Monosodium glutamate (MSG) in it which for some people like my mother isn't a good thing because of being allergic. I really don't think that the MSG is a necessary ingredient. Although the tacos I made with the seasoning turned out really yummy and were quicker to make I think that I will be making them again with my own taco seasoning blend from home next time. While the seasoning blend from Old El Paso isn't as healthy as I'd like I have tried other Old El Paso products like their salsas and taco shells and I love them!!
I did have a lot of fun with my "family taco night" and I will definitely be doing it again really soon. This was my very first time making taco shells myself with just regular corn tortillas. I think they turned out very well :) I just learned how to do it myself on YouTube! Isn't the Internet wonderful!
If your family already loves tacos, why not put "family taco night" on the calendar at least once a month? With a variety of seasonings and other complementary products, Old El Paso offers everything you need for fun nights with the family. Their line up of products includes chilies, dinner kits, dips and sides, enchilada sauce, refried beans, seasoning mixes, shells, taco sauce and salsa. The Old El Paso taco seasoning mix selection includes flavors like Burrito, Cheesy Taco, Chili, Fajita, Taco, Mild Taco and even a seasoning with 40% less sodium.
For a fun twist on taco night, be sure to try one of the delicious recipes below.
* Easy Fish Tacos - Old El Paso taco shells, seasoning mix and taco sauce and battered fish fillets make easy fish tacos.
* Tarantula Tacos - These spook-tacular tacos are great for a Halloween party!
Here are more recipes.
And to keep your family laughing at the dinner table, have some fun with El TacodorTM, the world´s only family taco night game. With El Tacodor, your family can share a special night at home by challenging one another to quick fire trivia, wordplay and pantomime. Visit www.ElTacodor.com today to download instructions, a score card, and a challenge sheet for even more fun on family taco night!
Visit Old El Paso for news and great tips, recipes and more. Take a minute to share family fiesta photos and videos from family taco nights on the El Tacodor Family Spotlight!
In addition, you can visit http://www.myblogspark.com/uc/main/b069/ to download a printable coupon for $0.60 off any two Old El Paso products today!
Amanda from MyBlogSpark has generously offered another Old El Paso "family taco night" prize pack (includes a packet of Old El Paso Taco Seasoning, a Cactus Chip & Dip Serving dish, a set of 3 Fiesta Chili Pepper serving dishes and a $10 gift card to purchase your taco fixings) to one of my readers to win.
1. Go to the Old El Paso website and tell me by commenting on this post something that you learned.
1. Subscribe to my blog by feedburner or by email and let me know which way. (2 extra entries each)
2. Fan/Like me on facebook and write something on my wall. (1 extra entry)
3. Blog about this giveaway on your blog and provide me with the link. Make sure you have the link to this post and Old El Paso in your blog entry or it won't count. (2 extra entries)
4. Grab My Button (see sidebar to the left) AND/OR Put My Blog URL in Your Blogroll - Leave Your Link. (1 extra entry)
5. Technorati my blog and let me know your link. (1 extra entry)
6. Fave me on Momfaves. (2 extra entries)
7. List this giveaway on any giveaway listing website or blog giveaway linky and tell me where you listed it. (2 extra entries)
8. Post this on your Facebook wall, Kirtsy, and/or StumbleUpon. (2 extra entries for each)
9. Comment on one of my regular (not giveaway) posts. (1 extra entry per post you comment on)
10. Follow me on Twitter. (1 extra entry)
11. Tweet this: @finamoon: @oldelpaso WIN Old El Paso "family taco night" prize pack #giveaway #myblogspark http://bit.ly/dCLzNJ (Daily Extras are Available)
12. Fan/Like Old El Paso on Facebook. (1 extra entry)
13. Follow Old El Paso on Twitter. (1 extra entry)
Make sure you leave me your email in all posts so that I can contact you. If you subscribed, blogged about this, listed it, commented on another post, or faved me on Momfaves leave 2 entries saying you did. This contest ends on Friday November 26, 2010 at midnight (GMT-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada). This Giveaway is open to all 18 years and over in the U.S. Only!!
DISCLOSURE/DISCLAIMER: Old El Paso "family taco night" prize pack, coupon, information and the prize package for giveaway were all provided free by Old El Paso through MyBlogSpark. My thoughts are mine and my family's own opinion and have not been altered by anyone else. I did not receive any other compensation for doing this review.