Cold and Flu season is still underway in most places of the world, especially places that got dumped on with a lot of snow recently. As the weather becomes colder and we stay indoors more and people often catch colds or other viruses from others. The cold and flu season can begin as early as October and usually ends sometime in April. While there is no way to cure the common cold or the flu, keeping your body healthy during cold and flu season can help you avoid getting sick.
I recently was introduced to a "new to me" product called Ola Loa that is very much like Emergen-C but boasts that it is better for you because of having more vitamins and less sugar. Ola Loa has 1/6th the sugar of Emergen-C and provides 20 more nutrients (including amino acids), not to mention 5 times more B1 and 4 times more B2 and B12. This effervescent drink mix is 100% all-natural with no preservatives, artificial colors, flavors or fake sugars.
I took the challenge to try the product and they sent me a variety pack to try many of their flavors for free. I received 5 each of the Ola Loa Sport in mango tangerine, mixed berry and lemon lime flavors and Ola Loa Energy Multi Vitamin in orange, cran-raspberry and tropical. I love the flavors and they taste similar to Emergen-C. My favorite flavor was the mango-tangerine and the cran-raspberry. They mix and dissolve well in water and juice and don't leave a gritty aftertaste that some drink mixes do. They, like Emergen-C, come in individually wrapped packages and are easy to carry around in your purse, pocket or wallet until you are ready use them. What I really like about this product is that you can drink your vitamins instead of having to take a pill. The Ola Loa Energy is their multi vitamin drink mix that provides hard to get nutrients like TMG, NAC and CoQ10, plus vitamins A through K, 1000 mg of Vitamin C, 40 mineral complexes and 6 amino acids. It helps with energy production and protects antioxidants so your body can bounce back from stressors and not get sick as often. the Ola Loa Sport is a hydrating drink mix that provides a thirst quenching beverage for active people. Compare Ola Loa Sport with other sports drinks. They also have these other drink mixes that I have not tried out: Ola Loa Repair which is their healthy bone and joint mineral formula and Ola Loa Kids which is the multi vitamin for growing kids.
You can try out FREE SAMPLES of Ola Loa by filling out the form on their website.
Melissa from ONIT Marketing has generously offered a Ola Loa Variety Pack to give away to one of my readers!
1. Go to the Ola Loa website and tell me which what drink mix kind and flavor you would love to try and why.
1. Subscribe to my blog by email and let me know. (2 extra entries)
2. Become my fan on Facebook. (1 extra entry)
3. Blog about this giveaway on your blog and provide me with the link. Make sure you have the link to this post and Ola Loa in your blog entry or it won't count. (2 extra entries)
4. Grab My Button (see sidebar to the left) AND/OR Put My Blog URL in Your Blogroll - Leave Your Link. (1 extra entry)
5. Technorati my blog and let me know your link. (1 extra entry)
6. List this giveaway on any giveaway listing website or blog and tell me where you listed it. (2 extra)
7. Follow me on twitter and retweet this: @finamoon: @OlaLoa WIN: Ola Loa Drink Mix Variety Pack #giveaway http://bit.ly/aOq4hq
(Daily Extras are Available)
8. Fave me on Momfaves. (2 extra entries)
9. Comment on one of my other of my posts and tell me which one. (2 extra entries per post)
10. Fan Ola Loa on Facebook. (1 extra entry)
11. Follow Ola Loa on Twitter. (1 extra entry)
Make sure you leave me your email in all posts so that I can contact you. If you subscribed by email, blogged about this, listed it, commented on another post, or faved me on Momfaves leave 2 entries saying you did. This contest ends on Friday March 12, 2010 at midnight (GMT-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada). This Giveaway is open to U.S. and Canada!!
DISCLAIMER: Thanks to ONIT Marketing for letting me know about this product and Ola Loa for sending me a variety pack free to try out and review. This giveaway is also provided free from Ola Loa. My thoughts are mine and my family's own opinion and have not been altered by anyone else. I did not receive any other compensation for doing this review.