In the United States the average age of cars and light trucks on the roads today has reached a record high of 9.4 years, making it more important than ever for consumers to take proper care of their vehicles. With the new Motor Oil Matters web site (created by industry-leading brands Pennzoil, Quaker State and Shell Rotella); you can easily locate key information that will help prolong your engine’s life and improve overall efficiency, as well as help answer any questions you may have about motor oil. In addition, the site offers a fun, educational game for you to play called “M.O.M. Knows Best” where you can put your motor mind to the test with an interactive quiz.
Did you know?
* According to a study by the Automotive Aftermarket Industry Association, nearly 9 out of 10 female motorists are involved in their household's vehicle maintenance and repair
* According to a national survey that polled 522 women, 46 percent incorrectly assumed simply switching from conventional engine oil to synthetic oil enables the number of miles between oil changes to be safely extended*
* Using a quality motor oil in the right grade can help maximize fuel economy, and help save money by preventing costly engine damage
* Off-brand, no-name or discount oils that do not meet industry standards or the vehicle manufacturer’s requirements could cost consumers in the long run by potentially damaging the vehicle’s engine or possibly voiding the manufacturer’s warrant
* Jiffy Lube Survey Conducted by Opinion Research Corporation, 2006
Please click HERE to locate your nearest Jiffy Lube store.
My husband took the van in for an oil change at Jiffy Lube with a $35 gift card I received for free from Shell Lubricants and MotorOilMatters.org through MyBlogSpark. We received exceptional service and they provided my husband with comfort and entertainment while he was waiting for the service to be done. They were quick and courteous.
Laurie at MyBlogSpark has given me the opportunity to choose one lucky reader to win one complimentary $35 Jiffy Lube gift card.
1. Go to Motor Oil Matters website and answer ONE of the following questions: What did you find most interesting on the Motor Oil Matters site? What motor oil misconception did you have that was put to rest through the site’s info? What did you score on the M.O.M. Knows Best game?
1. Subscribe to my blog by email and let me know. (2 extra entries)
2. Become my fan on facebook. (1 extra entry)
3. Blog about this giveaway on your blog and provide me with the link. Make sure you have the link to this post and Motor Oil Matters website in your blog entry or it won't count. (2 extra entries)
4. Grab My Button (see sidebar to the left) AND/OR Put My Blog URL in Your Blogroll - Leave Your Link. (1 extra entry)
5. Technorati my blog and let me know your link. (1 extra entry)
6. List this giveaway on any giveaway listing website or blog and tell me where you listed it. (2 extra)
7. Add me on twitter and retweet this: @finamoon: @MotorOilMatters WIN: $35 Jiffy Lube Gift Card http://bit.ly/8sWJx0
(Daily Extras are Available)
8. Follow Motor Oil Matters on Twitter. (1 extra entry)
Make sure you leave me your email in all posts so that I can contact you. If you subscribed by email, blogged about this, listed it, commented on another post, or faved me on Momfaves leave 2 entries saying you did. This contest ends on Friday January 8, 2010 at midnight (GMT-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada). This Giveaway is open to U.S. Only!!
DISCLAIMER: By participating in this Spark, Shell Lubricants and MotorOilMatters.org provided me with a free $35 gift card and information through MyBlogSpark to cover most of the cost, if not all, of a conventional oil change at most Jiffy Lube locations. All information about the campaign I received from MyBlogSpark, the Motor Oil Matters website, and the experience itself. My thoughts are mine and my family's own opinion and have not been altered by anyone else. I did not receive any other compensation for doing this review.