SafetyCaps are outlet covers/caps that are safer than regular outlet covers/caps. They were made by a father that almost lost his daughter when she choked on a regular outlet plug cover. SafetyCaps are 2 1/4 inches across. Other outlet plugs measure only 1 3/8 inches across. The US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and Dorel Juvenile Group both puts out a Choke Hazard Tester or Small Parts Test Fixture (SPTF), a clear plastic tube that you can put things into to test out if they are a choking hazard. I too have one of these and tested this product out. Sure enough the SafetyCap didn't go in. You can buy one of these handy Small Parts Test Fixtures (SPTF) at OneStepAhead. I also had another brand of safety outlet cover (not going to mention what brand here) that I tested. It too didn't fit in the tube, but it was very close to fitting...too close for comfort! I could now see why the SafetyCaps were so much safer than regular ones.
Not only that but the SafetyCaps are clear so they blend in with the outlet cover whatever color it might be. If somehow swallowed they also have holes in the shield that are an added extra safety feature. The holes comply with US pacifier anti-choking regulations.
Win it! George at SafetyCaps is generously giving one 24 pack of SafetyCaps away for my blog giveaway.
Go to the SafetyCaps website and tell me one thing you learned about SafetyCaps.
1. Email Ellen AND Oprah and ask the shows to do a show about SafetyCaps and outlet safety. (4 extra entries)
2. Subscribe to my blog by blogger, by email, or both and let me know. (1 extra entry)
3. Become my fan on facebook. (1 extra entry)
4. Blog about this giveaway on your blog and provide me with the link. Make sure you have the link to this post and SafetyCaps in your blog entry or it won't count. (2 extra entries)
5. Grab My Button - See Sidebar to the left - Leave your link (1 extra entry)
6. Technorati my blog and let me know your link. (1 extra entry)
7. Add me on twitter and retweet this: @finamoon: @safetydad WIN: SafetyCaps http://bit.ly/OAqTj
(Daily Extras are Available)
8. Become SafetyCaps' follower on Twitter. (1 extra entry)
9. Become a fan of SafetyCaps on Facebook. (1 extra entry)
Make sure you leave me your email in all posts so that I can contact you. If you blogged about this leave 2 entries saying you did. This contest ends on Friday July 03, 2009 at midnight (GMT-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada). This Giveaway is only open to U.S. only.