I received a bottle of Piggy Paint nail polish in a beautiful shade of Girls Rule! pink and a bottle of nail polish remover to review. Piggy Paint nail polish is a non-toxic, odorless (less odor than other nail polishes), hypoallergenic, kid-friendly (adult-friendly too), water based polish. "Natural as mud"...their slogan reads. Most nail polish is solvent based, flammable, and have toxic ingredients like formaldehyde, toluene, phthalates, biphenyl A, ethyl acetate and acetone. This polish isn't and doesn't contain any of those harmful ingredients. I was pleased with the quality of the polish and how it dried quickly.
The nail polish remover has aloe vera and vitamin E in it so that it will supply the nails and cuticles with much needed natural oils that protect them. It does have one ingredient that I was concerned about. It has Methyl alcohol in it, however; Melanie assured me that it is non-toxic in the small quantities that would be used on the nails. In the event that a child tried to drink the polish remover, an embittering agent is also an ingredient in the remover to make it taste absolutely horrible. You should always watch your children with either of these products and keep them safely out of reach when not in use even though they are a lot safer than regular nail polish and remover.
I am very happy with Piggy Paint products and they are definitely safer and a lot better for your nails than regular polishes and removers. The quality is also comparable to regular polishes and removers. I really feel overall that these are great products! Here is a picture of me with my finger and toe nails painted with Piggy Paint Girls Rule! :)
Their Little Miss Firecracker Gift Pack normally retails for $26.50, but it is on sale now for just $22.50 (15% off retail - limited time). Buy it before the 4th of July!
Win it! Melanie at Piggy Paint is generously giving one gift pack of your choice away for my blog giveaway.
Go to the Piggy Paint website and tell me which Piggy Paint gift pack you would love.
1. Subscribe to my blog by blogger, by email, or both and let me know. (1 extra entry)
2. Become my fan on facebook. (1 extra entry)
3. Blog about this giveaway on your blog and provide me with the link. Make sure you have the link to this post and Piggy Paint in your blog entry or it won't count. (2 extra entries)
4. Grab My Button - See Sidebar to the left - Leave your link (1 extra entry)
5. Technorati my blog and let me know your link. (1 extra entry)
6. Add me on twitter and retweet this: @finamoon: @piggypaint WIN: Piggy Paint http://bit.ly/129oZn
(Daily Extras are Available)
7. Become Piggy Paint's follower on Twitter. (1 extra entry)
Make sure you leave me your email in all posts so that I can contact you. If you blogged about this leave 2 entries saying you did. This contest ends on Friday June 19, 2009 at midnight (GMT-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada). This Giveaway is only open to U.S. only.