NOVICA helps change the lives of artisans in developing nations, while offering us extraordinary handmade gifts, jewelry, apparel, and home decor. There are so many talented artists and artisans around the world. NOVICA provides these unique, hard-to-find items on their internet website at great prices. These services are all fair trade, meaning that they don't charge the artists and artisans any listing fees and the artists and artisans remain fully independent. They are free to raise their prices, lower their prices, or remove their items from their website whenever they please. This website is great to buy something from for your sweetheart for Valentine's Day, just remember since these items are coming all the way from the country they are made in, the shipping might take longer than expected.
They have some very great gifts, including: Unique Corporate Gifts, Silk Shawls, Pendants bracelets, and Women's wraps and sarongs.
I love the NOVICA platform. They have a story of the specific artist and artisan on the item's page for every item they create. They cover the Andes, Bali and Java, Brazil, Central America, India, Mexico, Thailand, and West Africa regions. I love learning about the artist or artisan that has made the items when I purchase from there. You can search for what you want to look for in their search and narrow it down even more from there. You can also search from low to high price or high to low price. They also have these categories that you can search under as special features right now: Valentine's Day Gifts, Gift Finder, Eco-Friendly Gifts, Gifts for Mom, Gifts for Dad, Corporate Gifts, Spiritual & Inspirational Gifts, Fast Shipping Gifts, Collectibles, Featured Sale, and Gift Animals.
I also love their new home party division, NOVICA LIVE. If you join as a consultant you will be getting in early and making good money in direct sales supporting artisans worldwide. NOVICA LIVE is expanding across the country right now and signing up new consultants every week. The starter kits are only $199 and have over $400 worth of samples and $150 in business materials. They have a lot of promotions going on for their early consultants, including earning a trip to recreate Eat, Pray, Love with their co-founder Armenia in Bali (she was featured in Liz Gilbert's book)! Also, they have a generous commission plan so you can make money while working just a few hours per week. If you sign up to host a party or be a new consultant please put in my blog url on the Contact Us page under the drop down text input box where the question says, "How did you hear about NOVICA Live", after you select "from a blogger" or "from a website". This way they can offer me credit for referring you.
I received a free $50 Gift Certificate from NOVICA so that I can review some items later on my blog once they arrive from Thailand. I picked some gorgeous Natural orchid dangle earrings called 'Twilight' made by artisan Danai and a beautiful Lapis lazuli and smoky quartz brooch with 'Phuket Flowers' made by Nareerat.
NOVICA is generously giving one lucky reader a chance to win a $50 Gift Certificate to their store.
Go to the NOVICA website and tell me what you would most love to get with the $50 Gift Certificate. Leave links in the comment for the item(s).
1. Subscribe to my blog by feedburner or by email and let me know which way. (3 extra entries each)
2. Fan/Like me on facebook and write something on my wall. (1 extra entry)
3. Follow me on Google Friend Connect (GFC) on the right sidebar and/or Networked Blogs Let me know what your user name is. (2 extra entries each)
4. Blog about this giveaway on your blog and provide me with the link. Make sure you have the link to this post and NOVICA in your blog entry or it won't count. (2 extra entries)
5. Give me a brief POSITIVE review on Alexa and provide me with your user name. (3 extra entries)
6. Grab My Button (see sidebar to the right) AND/OR Put My Blog URL in Your Blogroll - Leave Your Link. (1 extra entry)
7. Technorati my blog and let me know your link. (1 extra entry)
8. Fave me on Momfaves. (2 extra entries)
9. List this giveaway on any giveaway listing website or blog Linky/Link-up and tell me where you listed it. (2 extra entries)
10. Write about this giveaway with a link to this post on your Facebook wall, Kirtsy, StumbleUpon, Google+ or other social media website besides Twitter. Let me know where. (2 extra entries for each)
11. Comment on my regular (not giveaway) posts. Let me know which one. (1 extra entry per post you comment on)
12. Follow me on Twitter. (1 extra entry)
13. Tweet this: @finamoon: @NOVICA #WIN #Giveaway NOVICA $50 Gift Certificate http://bit.ly/yQ9bUA (Daily Extras are Available)
14. Fan/Like NOVICA on Facebook. (1 extra entry)
15. Follow NOVICA on Twitter. (1 extra entry)
Make sure you leave me your email in all posts so that I can contact you. Don't forget to leave a comment for each task and the correct amount of entries for each task. This contest ends on Friday March 2, 2012 at midnight (GMT-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada). This Giveaway is open to all 18 years and over in the U.S. ONLY!!
DISCLOSURE/DISCLAIMER: Thanks to NOVICA for sending me a $50 gift certificate for free to review and one to give away for free. My thoughts are mine and my family's own opinion and have not been altered by anyone else. I did not receive any other compensation for doing this review of their website. Review of the items I bought with the $50 is coming later.