I was sent samples sizes of these EcoMom Approved Products for free from EcoMom to try out and review: Pangea Organics Japanese Matcha Tea with Acai & Goji Berry Facial Mask, SmartyPants Gummy Vitamins, SKINKiND Microfine Face Scrub for Men, SKINKiND Travel Size Essential Moisture for Men.
I tried out the Pangea Organics Japanese Matcha Tea with Acai & Goji Berry Facial Mask myself and enjoyed it regardless of the fact that I resembled the Creature from the Black Lagoon when I had it on! As you can tell from my facial the product isn't the most attractive color. It is kind of a muddy green and has a gritty texture that spreads on pretty thin and unevenly too, but I believe the good outweighs the bad for this product. My gritty mud monster face becomes radiant and smooth after washing it off. It doesn't seem to irritate my skin or leave my skin too dry. It also helps exfoliate because of the grit and instructions to rub it in circular motions with wet fingers before washing completely off. When taking it off be sure to use a warm to semi hot water on a washcloth that isn't white (this seems to stain and the granules like to stick in the cloth). It also has a very pleasant herbal, minty smell that rejuvenates my skin and perks me up when using it. I just think that it is more like a scrub than a mask. For the price of about $40 for a tube of 4 fluid ounces the price might be a bit steep for some, but the list of certified organic: essential oils, extracts and other ingredients in the Pangea Organics Japanese Matcha Tea with Acai & Goji Berry Facial Mask are extensive (nothing artificial or synthetic in there) and worth every penny. So in a nutshell, to me, this is a heavenly nutrient-rich, all-natural, nature-derived feast for your face.
SmartyPants Gummy Vitamins. They are an all-in-one multivitamin with eco-friendly non-tuna sourced DHA Omega 3's, Vitamin D, Choline & 12 other key nutrients. They are also gluten and casein free, have no high fructose corn syrup, and only have 5g of Organic cane sugar per serving (that is 80% LESS sugar than in a glass of unsweetened apple juice). I only had a small sample pack of 4 gummies and supposedly all 4 gummies in a daily supply. I am not sure why they couldn't have made just one gummy with all the vitamins instead of having to take 4 although the bottle of 120 then only will last 30 days. I like that they are made with natural flavors and colors from natural sources. Flavors include: lemon, orange, and cherry. These are great vitamins for kids that like gummies and don't like their veggies or fish. They don't taste fishy at all, are chewable, and my kids enjoyed them. They wished we had more. A bottle of 120 that lasts 30 days is about $19.95. Every time you buy a bottle of SmartyPants, they donate to Vitamin Angels so that 2 children most in need recieve a years worth of vital nutrients.
My husband got to try the SKINKiND Microfine Face Scrub for Men and the SKINKiND Travel Size Essential Moisture for Men. The SKINKiND Microfine Face Scrub for Men goes on before a shave and exfoliates the face to battle ingrown hairs and dead skin. I kinda wish they had this product or one similar for when I shave my legs too! This has Aloe Vera gel to cool the skin, natural Bamboo powder to exfoliate, Organic Blood Orange and Vitamin E to provide antioxidant protection to new skin that is unveiled, Cedarwood to tone and decrease acne, and Organic Cinnamon Leaf to bring oily skin back to normal. My husband commented that it has a slight fruity or citrus smell, but nothing overpowering. He said it was easy to apply but to him it felt very abrasive...like sandpaper. He didn't think that it was very pleasant on his face and thought that it wasn't microfine like they had called it. I tried a little on my face and I really didn't think that it was all that bad. He did notice that after his shave with his razor that his face felt pretty smooth and the face scrub did clean the pores and buff away the dead skin. A 100ml/3.4flOZ container of it costs about $29.00 at EcoMom. The SKINKiND Travel Size Essential Moisture for Men goes on after a shave to help moisturize, rejuvenate, and help with post shave irritation. Again this product would be wonderful for the woman after leg shaving. This has Organic Rosehip, Avocado and Jojoba oils to revive the skin; Sandalwood, Fragonia and Lavender as an anti-inflammatory and oil normalizer; Bergamot to control blemishes; and Vitamins A & E. My husband said this product smelled pleasant and has a slight fruity or citrus smell, but nothing overpowering. It was easy to apply and left his face softer than right after his shave. It didn't leave his face sticky or oily and he thought that his face liked the stuff better than the face scrub. A 1.7flOZ bottle of it costs about $18.00 at EcoMom.
Sarah from EcoMom has generously offered $15 for anything in their store for one of my readers to win.
1. Go to the EcoMom webpage and tell me by commenting on this post what your favorite item in their store is besides the ones I mentioned above.
1. Subscribe to my blog by feedburner or by email and let me know which way. (3 extra entries each)
2. Fan/Like me on facebook and write something on my wall. (1 extra entry)
3. Follow me on Google Friend Connect (GFC) on the left sidebar and/or Networked Blogs Let me know what your user name is. (2 extra entries each)
4. Blog about this giveaway on your blog and provide me with the link. Make sure you have the link to this post and EcoMom in your blog entry or it won't count. (2 extra entries)
5. Give me a brief POSITIVE review on Alexa and provide me with your user name. (3 extra entries)
6. Grab My Button (see sidebar to the left) AND/OR Put My Blog URL in Your Blogroll - Leave Your Link. (1 extra entry)
7. Technorati my blog and let me know your link. (1 extra entry)
8. Fave me on Momfaves. (2 extra entries)
9. List this giveaway on any giveaway listing website or blog Linky/Link-up and tell me where you listed it. (2 extra entries)
10. Write about this giveaway with a link to this post on your Facebook wall, Kirtsy, StumbleUpon, or other social media website besides Twitter. Let me know where. (2 extra entries for each)
11. Comment on one of my regular (not giveaway) posts. (1 extra entry per post you comment on)
12. Follow me on Twitter. (1 extra entry)
13. Tweet this: @finamoon: @ecomom #WIN EcoMom $15 Gift Card #giveaway http://bit.ly/q1D8Ym (Daily Extras are Available)
14. Fan/Like EcoMom on Facebook. (1 extra entry)
15. Follow EcoMom on Twitter. (1 extra entry)
Make sure you leave me your email in all posts so that I can contact you. Don't forget to leave a comment for each task and the correct amount of entries for each task. This contest ends on Friday September 16, 2011 at midnight (GMT-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada). This Giveaway is open to all 18 years and over in the U.S. Only!!
DISCLOSURE/DISCLAIMER: Thanks to EcoMom for providing me this promotion information, free product, and giveaway free for my readers. My thoughts are mine and my family's own opinion and have not been altered by anyone else. I did not receive any other compensation for doing this review and giveaway.