Surgeon General has issued a call to action to support breastfeeding.
I personally choose to breastfeed longer than the first 6 months because of the numerous benefits. Especially of continued immune support from sickness. Breastfed babies are healthier babies and I personally have seen this over and over again with my disabled daughter Tatiana after the doctors told me to stop breastfeeding her when she was 3. She was just not as healthy as she would have been if I had continued. Formula has most recently been in the spotlight for causing obesity and being recalled because bugs were found in it. Yuck!
I am so very thankful to be able to breastfeed and to have chosen to breastfeed all of my children when they were babies. My nursling Zari is exclusively breastfed right now and I cherish every moment I have bonding with her and feeding her my "liquid gold". In fact while I am typing this I am also nursing her. Three cheers for multi-tasking :)
Medela for their longstanding commitment to promote what is best for our babies, breastmilk! Medela has just came out with a new wonderful product for breastfeeding mothers. It is a breastmilk labeling & storage system.
This storage system is unique because it has:
* two easy twist-and-lock lids that mark the day of the week the breastmilk was pumped and a.m., p.m., or midday so that you can track effortlessly
* two 5oz Medela polypropylene breastmilk bottles
* one organizer tray that can hold up to 6 Medela polypropylene breastmilk bottles, can also hold Pump & Save breastmilk bags (sold separately), has clearly marked "in" and "out" arrows to tell you which bottle is "next in line", has a handle so you can easily move it, and keeps the bottles organized and upright in the fridge or freezer.
All of this is 100% reusable, dishwasher safe and BPA free! No more searching through the fridge or freezer for your precious breastmilk and having to discard your "liquid gold" because it wasn't used quick enough!
I love Medela's products and am a Medela Mom Maven. As a Medela Mom Maven I love to constantly share information, opinions and ideas on parenting. I also strive to provide my baby with the very best by breastfeeding. You too can join. I am also a stay at home mother and so I find myself pumping very little, but I do pump so that I can have a backup supply so that my precious "liquid gold" is there for my baby in the event when I am not. This wonderful breastmilk labeling & storage system is a lifesaver. It keeps it all in one place easily and neatly and helps me know what is the freshest breastmilk so I can avoid waste. I am so glad to have this and to be prepared if needed!
Here is a handy little chart to help you with breastmilk storage:
You can purchase this system for around $16 on Amazon.com or on Babies R Us for $16.99. Additional labeling lids can also be purchased separately also if you already have Medela polypropylene breastmilk bottles.
MomSelect and Medela has generously offered another Medela Breastmilk Labeling & Storage System for one of my readers to win.
1. Go to the Medela website and tell me by commenting on this post what other product you would like to have and why.
1. Subscribe to my blog by feedburner or by email and let me know which way. (2 extra entries each)
2. Fan/Like me on facebook and write something on my wall. (1 extra entry)
3. Blog about this giveaway on your blog and provide me with the link. Make sure you have the link to this post and Medela in your blog entry or it won't count. (2 extra entries)
4. Grab My Button (see sidebar to the left) AND/OR Put My Blog URL in Your Blogroll - Leave Your Link. (1 extra entry)
5. Technorati my blog and let me know your link. (1 extra entry)
6. Fave me on Momfaves. (2 extra entries)
7. List this giveaway on any giveaway listing website or blog giveaway linky and tell me where you listed it. (2 extra entries)
8. Post this on your Facebook wall, Kirtsy, and/or StumbleUpon. (2 extra entries for each)
9. Comment on one of my regular (not giveaway) posts. (1 extra entry per post you comment on)
10. Follow me on Twitter. (1 extra entry)
11. Tweet this: @finamoon: @medela_us WIN Medela Breastmilk Labeling & Storage System #giveaway http://bit.ly/hp7pu4 (Daily Extras are Available)
12. Fan/Like Medela on Facebook. (1 extra entry)
13. Follow Medela on Twitter. (1 extra entry)
Make sure you leave me your email in all posts so that I can contact you. If you subscribed, blogged about this, listed it, commented on another post, or faved me on Momfaves leave 2 entries saying you did. This contest ends on Friday February 25, 2011 at midnight (GMT-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada). This Giveaway is open to all 18 years and over in the U.S. Only!!
DISCLOSURE/DISCLAIMER: Thanks to MomSelect, BSM Media and Medela for providing me the breastmilk labeling & storage system to test and review and another to giveaway for free. My thoughts are mine and my family's own opinion and have not been altered by anyone else. I did not receive any other compensation for doing this review.