ABOUT FIVE FOR FIGHTING AND SLICE:
Five For Fighting is the band name under which singer/songwriter John Ondrasik records and performs. Five For Fighting’s breakthrough came in 2001 with the Grammy Nominated song “Superman”, from the Platinum certified “America Town”. When 9/11 happened, it became a song of healing for the nation. FFF performed the song at the post 9/11 fundraiser The Concert for New York which paid tribute to all the firefighters, police officers and paramedics affected by the events of 9/11.
In addition to his musical accomplishments John has made a personal commitment towards causes that are important to him. In February of 2007, Ondrasik launched a unique charity-driven web site, whatkindofworlddoyouwant.com. John has also been a dedicated supporter of US troops and has performed for US forces.
Now John delivers a new album, Slice, featuring the song "Chances", that was released October 13th.
Go see more on his YouTube site.
Add the widget to your page...
2. Note To The Unknown Soldier
5. This Dance
6. Above The Timberline
9. Story Of Your Life
10. Love Can't Change The Weather
11. Augie Nieto
I love this CD. I have been a big fan of Five for Fighting since John's song Superman. John's voice is cool and clear and his ballads have great messages in them. I love the great background instrumentals with piano. My favorites are Chances and Story Of Your Life. Slice is a great CD with wonderful, well thought out lyrics. I really enjoy listening to it.
FFF Tour Dates:
John will be hitting the road in October with An Acoustic Evening with Five For Fighting. To find out about how to get tickets in a market near you, go to his site.
6-Nov Portland, OR Aladdin Theater
10-Nov San Francisco, CA Swedish American Hall
11-Nov Los Angeles, CA Largo at the Coronet
Go to Amazon.com to listen to clips of the album Slice and to purchase it for only $9.99!
Michelle at One2One Network is is giving one lucky reader a chance to win their very own Five For Fighting. autographed Slice CD.
1. Go to the Five For Fighting website and tell me what other CD you would be interested in listening to.
1. Subscribe to my blog by email and let me know. (2 extra entries)
2. Become my fan on Facebook. (1 extra entry)
3. Blog about this giveaway on your blog and provide me with the link. Make sure you have the link to this post and Five For Fighting in your blog entry or it won't count. (2 extra entries)
4. Grab My Button (see sidebar to the left) AND/OR Put My Blog URL in Your Blogroll - Leave Your Link. (1 extra entry)
5. Technorati my blog and let me know your link. (1 extra entry)
6. List this giveaway on any giveaway listing website or blog and tell me where you listed it. (2 extra)
7. Follow me on twitter and retweet this: @finamoon WIN: Five For Fighting autographed Slice CD http://bit.ly/ATRzn
(Daily Extras are Available)
8. Fave me on Momfaves. (2 extra entries)
9. Comment on one of my other of my posts and tell me which one. (2 extra entries per post)
10. Fan Five For Fighting on Facebook. (1 extra entry)
11. Follow him on Twitter. (1 extra entry)
Make sure you leave me your email in all posts so that I can contact you. If you subscribed by email, blogged about this, listed it, commented on another post, or faved me on Momfaves leave 2 entries saying you did. This contest ends on Friday November 13, 2009 at midnight (GMT-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada). This Giveaway is open to U.S. Only!!
DISCLAIMER: Thanks to One2One Network, the women's word of mouth marketing network, for providing me with this opportunity and a download of this CD in advance to review as part of a campaign to spread the word. All information about the products I received from the official press release, email from One2One Network, the Five For Fighting website, and the information from the download website. My thoughts are mine and my family's own opinion and have not been altered by anyone else. I did not receive any other compensation for doing this review.