I received this music for free to facilitate this review. This post has affiliate links.
Time by Rod Stewart is his first album of new material in nearly 20 years that was released May 7th. It was while writing his autobiography that the music just came to him. Rod says, "I've written all those hits in the past then just couldn't do it. But my book was a little ray of sunshine. All those memories and talking about loved ones started me thinking."
This album is a very personal one for Rod. It really sounds like it could be a soundtrack to his autobiography. I love his signature raspy voice. This is a great album.
|Rod Stewart with Guitar.|
- She Makes Me Happy is an upbeat song that is a tribute to Rod's newest wife Penny. It is a wonderful love song about how she made him a better man. I love the mix of guitars, mandolin and dulcimer in this with the percussion.
- Can’t Stop Me Now is about Rod's career in music and about how thankful he is for his talent. It has a great up beat rock beat. This song is inspired by Rod's dad, Robert, who passed away in 1990.
- It’s Over is a lament about the break-ups Rod has had. In particular it is about his divorce from second wife Rachel Hunter, which broke his heart when she left. It is a great soulful ballad.
- Brighton Beach is a tender ballad about Rod's first love. It was the song that kick-started Rod Stewart's Time album.
- Beautiful Morning recounts a trip to a beach in San Francisco with one of his loves. It is a great song about how good life is.
- Live The Life is a song about growing up doing what you love and loving the life you live. I love the harmonica in this one.
- Finest Woman has some really rockin' guitars and some nice horns. This is also inspired by Rod's latest wife Penny.
- Time is about Rod's past loves. It has some really nice vocals.
- Picture In A Frame is the only cover on this album. It is originally by Tom Waits. It is a slow dance song that is kind of melancholy.
- Sexual Religion is an upbeat song with some keyboards, guitars, and sax. It also has some background female vocals that I love. I absolutely dig the saxophone! This is also inspired by Rod's wife Penny.
- Make Love To Me Tonight is a country number that has a Celtic feel. I love the beat and violin.
- Pure Love is a slow sad, moving song. I love the strings and piano in this one. The orchestra solo in the middle is really pretty too.
Purchase Rod Stewart Time through iTunes or Amazon.
DISCLOSURE/DISCLAIMER: Thanks to One2One Network, the women's word of mouth marketing network, for providing me with this opportunity and free copy of the album in advance to review as part of a campaign to spread the word. All information about the products I received from the official press release, email from One2One Network, the Rod Stewart website. By posting, I am eligible for incentives. My thoughts are mine and my family's own opinion and have not been altered by anyone else. I did not receive any other compensation for doing this review. This post has affiliate links. Thanks for supporting my blog!