I received this music for free to facilitate this review. This post has affiliate links.
To Be Loved by Michael Bublé is his newest and 8th studio album that just was released April 23rd. This heart melting Grammy winner from Canada covers songs by Frank Sinatra, The Bee Gees, Jackson 5, Van Morrison, Dean Martin, Elvis Presley and more; as well as singing with Reese Witherspoon, Bryan Adams, Naturally 7 and The Puppini Sisters. This CD has 10 golden standard cover songs and 4 original songs co-written by Bublé. To Be Loved is a reflection of Bublé's bliss at home with his wife and he is about to become a new father. Bublé states, "I want to take you on a wonderful journey about love—all different kinds of love," Bublé says. "The album swings big time: it rocks, it’s soulful, it’s happy, sometimes a little sad. It’s romantic, it’s yummy, and it’s heartfelt."
This album is one of the artist's most diverse albums yet. It truly shows Bublé's range and perfection of his voice. I love the diversity of it. This crooner has an amazing voice and is a great performer as well, just watch his YouTube videos and you will see that. I love how Bublé has branched out and also created some of his own songs as well for the album. I also think that my favorite track on this CD is Close Your Eyes.
Track Listing and My Thoughts:
- You Make Me Feel So Young has a great big band in the background that really gets the song going. You just want to snap your fingers to the music and sing along to this cover that was also sung by notable musicians like: Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald and Perry Como.
- It's a Beautiful Day is a great original by Bublé. It has a wonderful upbeat tune and a great music video complete with a unicorn shaped cloud, rainbow and animated bird that lands on Bublé's hand.
- To Love Somebody is a soulful version of the Bee Gees cover song and has a music video showing an all girl band in the background that are dressed as 60's Go Go Girls complete with white Go Go Boots and black and white patterned dresses.
- Who's Lovin' You starts out and ends with the crooner soulfully belting his voice out in this Motown classic. This great song was originally performed by notable singers such as: The Miracles, The Temptations, The Supremes and The Jackson 5.
- Somethin' Stupid is a song most notably sung by Frank Sinatra and his daughter Nancy. Bublé sings a duet with Reese Witherspoon in his rendition.
- Come Dance With Me is a great jazzy song with big band sound that has been also sung by Frank Sinatra and Barry Manilow. I definitely love dancing to this one. It has a great cha cha beat.
- Close Your Eyes is a anthem to women everywhere and it a gorgeous song. Bublé says, "I wrote Close Your Eyes about my wife and about the power of all the women in my life—my sisters, my mom, my grandma and all women in general. Let’s face it, where would we be without them?"
- After All starts out with the bright sound of horns. It is sung with a melding of Bublé's voice and Bryan Adams'. I love the great harmony.
- Have I Told You Lately That I Love You? is usually sung country, but Elvis Presley also did a version of this song too. This version has feels a little like elevator music to me. Naturally 7 backs up Bublé with their aaahs, Have I Told You Latelys, It's No Good With Out Yous, Oh My Darlings and Oooooohs.
- To Be Loved is a song written by Motown Record's founder Berry Gordy, JR and put in the The Music, the Magic, the Memories of Motown Album in 1995. Bublé's version sounds like it came right out of an old R&B record in a jukebox. I love it!
- You've Got A Friend In Me is a song written and sung by Randy Newman on Disney's Toy Story. I dislike Newman's voice. Bublé definately sings this song better!!
- Nevertheless (I'm in Love with You) is a soft rock song that has been sung by other notable singers like: Fred Astaire, Frank Sinatra, Barry Manilow, Bing Crosby, Olivia-Newton John, Rod Stewart and The Andrews Sisters. Bublé does a very nice version with the The Puppini Sisters.
- I Got It Easy is a song by Bublé that is about counting his blessings and serves as a reminder to him and everyone to appreciate all the good parts of life. Bublé says, "I'm a very lucky guy and I never want to forget it."
- Young At Heart is a ballad originally sung by Frank Sinatra. Bublé's version is just as swoon worthy.
|Bublé Looking Dapper in his Suit, Rockin' the Bowtie...because Bowties are Cool ;)|
You can purchase To Be Loved by Michael Bublé at Amazon.com for $11.99.
DISCLOSURE/DISCLAIMER: Thanks to One2One Network, the women's word of mouth marketing network, for providing me with this opportunity and a instant digital download of the album in advance to review as part of a campaign to spread the word. All information about the products I received from the official press release, email from One2One Network, the Michael Bublé website. By posting, I am eligible for incentives. My thoughts are mine and my family's own opinion and have not been altered by anyone else. I did not receive any other compensation for doing this review. This post has affiliate links. Thanks for supporting my blog!