I am getting a gift for posting this information. All information was provided by NBC and PartnersHub.
What is NBC’s Share and Tell?
Did you know that for every pound of new goods produced, 71 pounds of waste are generated during manufacturing? This Earth Week, NBC Universal is partnering with the sharing site yerdle to help you minimize your impact on the planet by sharing your stuff. One person’s stuff is another person’s story!
Here’s how it works.
- Join or host a Share & Tell Party (click the “Join the Party” button in the app below).
- Post your stuff to share with friends. Discover other items that are up for grabs.
- Tell the story of your sharing experiences on your favorite social media site. #ShareandTell.
Yerdle is the new mission-driven California Benefit corporation that’s out to help people share with their friends rather than buying things new. On yerdle, friends post items they're willing to give away or loan, search for items they're looking to get, and nab the things they want. Simple.
Why Host a Share and Tell?
Protect the planet, save money, give gifts to your friends and find things you want. Hosting a Share and Tell means inviting your Facebook friends to share things you want. Parties can either be hosted in-person or online, it’s up to you!
- How Are You Green? (Eco Quiz) It’s not easy being green…(or is it?) We all want to take better care of our environment and go green, but the question is... How are YOU Green? Take the Eco quiz to find out!
- 7 Easy Ways to Start Sharing Now Now, more than ever, sharing makes sense. Getting started sharing is simpler than you think! Read these 7 easy ways to start sharing now and create healthier, happier families and communities.
- Real Life Share and Tell Stories Read real life stories of how sharing on yerdle has helped people just like you get the stuff they need - without buying a thing!
- Get Social Tweet with the #ShareandTell hashtag about NBC’s Share and Tell!
Green is Universal Prize Pack includes:
One Green is Universal canvas tote bag (made from recycled cotton)
... along with two of the items below (chosen at random)
- Planet Ocean DVD
- Green is Universal T-shirt (made by Alternative Apparel)
- Green is Universal colored pencil kits (made from recycled newspaper)
- Green is Universal Vapur water bottles (BPA-free)
- Green is Universal hardboard cover spiral bound notebook (not pictured)
- Green is Universal burlap FEED bag (not pictured)