I received a green Citrus Zinger for free to facilitate this review and the opportunity to also give one (in the color of winner's choice: green, orange or *pink) away.
When summer roles around, especially when the weather gets hot, we all need to remember to stay hydrated. I admit that I don't really like drinking plain water. Unless it is super cold with lots of ice I don't drink water as much as I should. I do love flavored water a lot though. I flavor my water all kinds of ways, but my favorites usually are with citrus fruits.
The Citrus Zinger from Zing Anything has become my new favorite water bottle. It makes delicious refreshing cold beverages with a citrus zing to them. It is very portable and great to take anywhere. I love it when I am on the go. I have definitely been drinking a lot more water since I got it.
The Citrus Zinger has a very unique design that basically puts a water bottle and a citrus reamer/juicer/press together into one very sweet little gadget. This water bottle works especially well for juicing small citrus fruits like: lemons, limes & bergamot, mandarin, tangerine and clementine oranges. Also, the citrus reamer/juicer/press works as a strainer too so any seeds and rind from the citrus fruit stays put in the bottom cup. The liquid that you place in the bottle will continually mix with the juice and a small amount of the pulp through the strainer while drinking.
The Citrus Zinger is made with America-Made BPA/EA-free Tritan plastics from Eastman. It fits perfectly in a cup holder and the cap has a finger hole for easy carrying. This water bottle is earth friendly because it is reusable. The bottle holds 28 ounces of fluid.
- Before adding liquid you can also load ice into the bottle easily by turning the citrus reamer/juicer/press counter-clockwise then pulling it out from the wide end after first unscrewing the bottom cup.
- The liquid is always best when served cold so refrigerate it if you are not drinking it right away.
- I have also seen the Citrus Zinger used for juicing cucumbers (just thinly slice crosswise and place as many slices will fit in the cup with the fleshy part through the reamer) and kiwis (cut in half, then place half on the reamer, press for juicing and compost fuzzy peel). For a more intense flavor you can even press more than one citrus fruit into your bottle. You can even add a combination of the citrus with an herb such as mint leaves and/or a fruit such as berries to the cup to get a new flavor. Get creative. (I have more ideas on this post on flavoring water and ZingAnything.com has more recipes too.)
- You can Zing cold: water, sparkling/carbonated beverages, iced tea, etc.
- You don't have to add any refined sugar or artificial ingredients to make the perfect refreshing limeades, lemonades and orangeades. If you do find the mix a little sour try adding a little honey.
- The Citrus Zinger produces one-two drinks per Zing if you leave the rind in the bottom cup to help further infuse.
- First unscrew the bottom cup of the Zinger. Then flip the bottle over onto its top cap.
- Wash and then cut the citrus fruit you are using in half crosswise. Take one of the halves and place the point of the reamer/juicer/press into the center of the flesh. Give it a good press and turn to extract the juice with the reamer/juicer/press.
- Once you think all the juice has been extracted from the citrus half you may leave the half over the reamer/juicer/press or you can
discardcompost the juiced citrus half.
- Replace the bottom cup onto the bottle and make sure it is sealed.
- Then add whatever liquid you would like to Zing through the small opening at the top after unscrewing the cap.
- Replace cap tightly and give it a good shake to infuse and blend the flavor and juice into the beverage.
- Remove cap and enjoy! (recommended shelf life if refrigerated is 3 days
- To clean: just
discardcompost the juiced citrus half after unscrewing the base cup. Remove citrus reamer/juicer/press by rotating counter-clockwise then pulling it out from the wide end. Remove the cap and give each piece a good rinsing with hot soapy water and then dry. It is also top rack dishwasher friendly.
You can purchase the Citrus Zinger from Zing Anything for $16.99. They come in green, orange and now pink! Zing Anything also has some other awesome products too, the Aqua Zinger and the Salad Zinger.
Prize: 1 winner will win a Citrus Zinger in their choice of green, orange or *pink free from Zing Anything.
I am trying out Rafflecopter on my blog. Please click on this post link if you do not see the script for it below. Also, if there is anything that is wrong with it let me know by emailing me: finamoon AT gmail DOT com I will try my best at fixing it. Thanks for being awesome readers!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
DISCLOSURE/DISCLAIMER: I received product for free to facilitate my review and the opportunity to give another away to my readers. My thoughts are mine and my family's own opinion and have not been altered by anyone else. I did not receive any other compensation for doing this review.
*pink is a new color and will expect to ship to you after May 10th.