ABOUT HARRY CONNICK, JR.:
Harry Connick, Jr. grew up in New Orleans, and it is here you will find the roots of his love for music and performing. He is a singer, actor, composer, pianist, philanthropist, husband, and father all wrapped up in one. At the age of 3 he learned keyboards and at the age of 5 he began performing. He has had several multi-platinum and gold albums, 25 million albums sold worldwide, Grammy, Tony and Emmy Awards; Oscar and Golden Globe nominations, and so much more. Although music is a big part of his career his family does come first. He has three daughters ranging in ages from 7-13 and a wife he has been married to since 1994.
ABOUT YOUR SONGS:
On his new album entitled Your Songs (released on September 22), Harry performs classic songs by some of the greatest musicians of all time, with a full jazz big band and string orchestra!
Check out the track list (Originally performed by):
All The Way (Frank Sinatra)
Just The Way You Are (Billy Joel)
Can’t Help Falling In Love With You (Elvis Presley)
And I Love Her (The Beatles)
(They Long To Be) Close To You (The Carpenters)
The Way You Look Tonight
First Time Ever I Saw Your Face (Roberta Flack)
Your Song (Elton John)
Some Enchanted Evening
And I Love You So (Don McLean)
Who Can I Turn To? (Tony Bennett)
Smile (Charlie Chaplin)
Mona Lisa (Nat King Cole)
Your Songs Deluxe Limited Edition CD/DVD package is only available HERE and features 14 standard album tracks PLUS 2 exclusive bonus tracks, "Who's Sorry Now" and "Answer Me My Love." It also includes rare behind-the-scenes footage of Harry on the road with his band and the music video for "(They Long To Be) Close To You." Preorder it now and get your MP3 download of "All The Way" instantly!
Click here for a sneak peak of the Making of the album.
Pre-order Your Songs today and get an instant MP3 download of the track, "All The Way," off the album which will be available everywhere September 22.
I love all kinds of music and that is why I chose to review this CD from Harry Connick, Jr. I needed something new in my collection. This CD I am told is a lot less jazzy and more easy listening than his other CDs. Yes, maybe to some, these songs are reminiscent to elevator tunes, but one could also point out that is why these are timeless and everyone knows them...or should! Harry's jazzy crooning style is just what I needed. His smooth voice reminds me a little of a young Frank Sinatra. My mother's love of old classic musicals and music has given me a taste of the classics. All of the songs that Harry sings are ones that I recognize and can sing along to. If you haven't been introduced to Harry go take a listen HERE. You can also preview the music on Your Songs HERE.
Thanks to One2One Network, the women's word of mouth marketing network, for providing me with this opportunity and a CD in advance to review as part of a campaign to spread the word.
Michelle at One2One Network is is giving one lucky reader a chance to win their very own Harry Connick, Jr. Your Songs CD.
1. Go to the Harry Connick, Jr. website and tell me what other CD you would be interested in listening to.
1. Subscribe to my blog by email and let me know. (2 extra entries)
2. Become my fan on Facebook. (1 extra entry)
3. Blog about this giveaway on your blog and provide me with the link. Make sure you have the link to this post and Harry Connick, Jr. in your blog entry or it won't count. (2 extra entries)
4. Grab My Button (see sidebar to the left) AND/OR Put My Blog URL in Your Blogroll - Leave Your Link. (1 extra entry)
5. Technorati my blog and let me know your link. (1 extra entry)
6. List this giveaway on any giveaway listing website or blog and tell me where you listed it. (2 extra)
7. Follow me on twitter and retweet this: @finamoon WIN: Harry Connick, Jr. Your Songs CD http://bit.ly/4tR1tR
(Daily Extras are Available)
8. Fave me on Momfaves. (2 extra entries)
9. Comment on one of my other of my posts and tell me which one. (2 extra entries per post)
10. Fan Harry Connick, Jr. on Facebook. (1 extra entry)
Make sure you leave me your email in all posts so that I can contact you. If you subscribed by email, blogged about this, listed it, commented on another post, or faved me on Momfaves leave 2 entries saying you did. This contest ends on Friday October 23, 2009 at midnight (GMT-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada). This Giveaway is open to U.S. Only!!