The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic: Adventures of the Cutie Mark Crusaders DVD is one of my favorite collections from Hasbro and Shout! Factory Kids. This DVD has my favorite threesome, the Cutie Mark Crusaders (CMC), in some of their most loved episodes from seasons 1-4 of My Little Pony (MLP) - Friendship is Magic (FIM)...along with one episode about Pinkie Pie which seems a bit out of place to me, having very little to do with the CMC.
Obtaining a cutie mark (the symbol on a ponies flank) is a very important coming-of-age moment for a young pony. A cutie mark helps a pony discover unique characteristics about themselves that set them apart from all other ponies. Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo form a instant bond when they notice that all three young ponies have blank flanks. They make up their own team called the Cutie Mark Crusaders and are on a mission to find their cutie marks!
- The Cutie Mark Chronicles: This is the 23rd episode of the 1st season of MLP FIM. This episode has the CMC asking each of the Mane Six how they got their cutie marks. I love this episode the most on this compilation because it shows how the Mane 6 were connected even before they knew each other very well. It also shows my favorite song from the series, when Fluttershy sings about squirrels, bunnies, birds, and bees.
- The Cutie Pox: This is the 6th episode of the 2nd season of MLP FIM. This is a great episode that shows how Apple Bloom in her hearts desire to find her cutie mark gains understanding that being patient is important and good things come to those who wait. This also shows that hard work (not taking shortcuts) and honesty is also best. I love Zecora's character and even if her presence was brief in this episode she was still awesome!
- Flight To The Finish: This is the 5th season of the 4th season of MLP FIM. It shows the CMC in their quest to be able to carry the flag at the Equestria Games. After being taunted by the Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon, Scootaloo is unsure of her abilities and needs her confidence and determination gained back with the a little encouragement from her friends and Rainbow Dash. Message: Friendships matter most and to do the best job you can do regardless of your disabilities. I love the scene where the CMC do their routine the first time and Rainbow Dash almost can't contain herself because it is so good. The look on Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon's faces is priceless.
- Pinkie Pride: This is the 12th episode of the 4th season of MLP FIM. It is very odd in my opinion that they picked this episode to be in this compilation since it should have been on the Keys of Friendship DVD. This episode only has the CMC as background ponies. Still, this is a great episode about Pinkie Pie learning to share responsibilities and let someone else have the spotlight as the Party Pony and Cheese Sandwich is voiced by none other than "Weird Al" Yankovic! It is a very fun episode, but I still think that Call of the Cutie, The Show Stoppers, Hearts and Hooves Day, or Ponyville Confidential should have been on this DVD instead of Pinkie Pride.
- Twilight Time: This is the 15th episode of the 4th season of MLP FIM. The CMC learn that being popular isn't all its cracked up to be and taking advantage of some other pony's (Princess Twilight's) fame isn't the right way to gain popularity, especially since she is a good friend of theirs. I love the part with Spike and the nachos...classic :)
- Sing-Along: Super Duper Party Pony
- Downloadable Wallpapers: There are a total of seven of wallpapers to download, but these are pretty lame. They include the Mane Six's cutie marks with their names written all over the page. Although I can understand...sort of...why they did this...being a cutie mark DVD and all. The wallpapers all could have been better with actual pictures of the CMC doing stuff instead.
- Coloring Sheet: This is a large PDF file, but it only has one picture to color in it of the CMC.
Here is the trailer:
Here are some fun activities for Adventures of the Cutie Mark Crusaders:
DISCLOSURE/DISCLAIMER: I received this product for free to facilitate my review. My thoughts are mine and my family's own opinion and have not been altered by anyone else. I did not receive any other compensation for doing this review. This post contains affiliate links which means I may receive a commission if you click a link and make a purchase. Thank you for supporting my blog!