Rascal Flatts a chance since I really hadn't heard their songs before. I love their new album Changed! The group is comprised of singer Gary LeVox, bassist Jay DeMarcus and guitarist Joe Don Rooney. This is their eighth studio album and their first with brand new material in two years.
Track Listing and my thoughts:
1. Changed: This song is about a change of heart, baptism and coming to Christ. It is a gorgeous ballad.
2. Banjo: This song is upbeat and fun! It pays tribute to a great country instrument, the Banjo. It is about getting away from the craziness of everyday life when you need to and going to someplace to relax and have fun with someone you love.
3. Hot In Here: This is such a fun song about how a pretty girl can make a guy feel :)
4. Come Wake Me Up: I love the piano in this one. It is a powerful, moving and emotional song about the pain of losing a love.
5. She's Leaving: Great guitar and a little bit of violin in this one. Upbeat song about a girl that is leaving her man for a better life. Very catchy lyrics!
6. Let It Hurt: Another great piano and guitar one. Ballad about how sometimes the experiences life throws at you can hurt and that you should let it do so because love will heal the wound. Great message and wisdom.
7. Lovin' Me: This is a great song about how love grows within a relationship and that even when things are rough the love keeps going. Chorus is a bit repetitive, but it works.
8. Hurry Baby: This is a compassionate song about a guy waiting for his love to come back to him and how he misses her. This one has a very nice melody.
9. Sunrise: About how someone can come help heal and save someone else from a broken relationship "One Sunrise at a Time". Touching and sentimental.
10. Great Big Love: About having a bad day, but it doesn't matter because at the end of the day he's coming home to his love. Great country feel.
11. A Little Home: About being away from home and receiving something from home from someone you care about so you will not get too home sick. Tender country ballad with a sentimental feel.
You can find them on Tour here.
Enter to win the Rascal Flatts Fly Away Contest on the widget below: 1 person will win a trip for 2 to see Rascal Flatts on their summer American Band tour kicking off this June with Eli Young Band, Little Big Town and Edens Edge including round trip airfare and a personal meet and greet! Enter to win through April 30, 2012. 1 entry per person. See official rules for exclusions. Good luck!
You can get the same album from Amazon.com that I received for $11.88 or you can get the Deluxe Edition with 4 other songs not mentioned in my review from iTunes for $13.99.
DISCLOSURE/DISCLAIMER: Thanks to One2One Network for sending me a free CD to listen to and review and the information to share with my readers. My thoughts are mine and my family's own opinion and have not been altered by anyone else. I did not receive any other compensation for doing this review.