Gummy Lump is a wonderful online store that has a large selection of wonderful toys for kids that will create memories and a lifetime of fun and learning. A lot of the companies they work with you have probably heard of. Melissa & Doug, Alex, Educo, EduShape, Guidecraft, Haba, Schylling, Uncle Goose Blocks, Wild Republic, etc. and these are just a few of the companies they work with that I believe make wonderful toys and playthings.
We received the Sea Life Chunky Puzzle by Melissa and Doug from their store for free to test and review. My children love Melissa and Doug toys! They are fantastic and if you are not satisfied with something Melissa and Doug has great customer service! Our puzzle we received from Gummy Lump had a minor flaw. The sea horse was cut out in a way that it was difficult for Teela, my youngest, to get in and out of the puzzle. The sea horse was pretty stuck in place unless you pulled hard and then you had to fight a little to get it back in. Teela was getting pretty frustrated with it. Well, the packaging said if you are unsatisfied with the product in any way to call Melissa and Doug's customer service. They were very pleasant over the phone and shipped another of the same puzzles out to me. I received the new puzzle and tried all the pieces and was very happy with how each of the pieces fit this time. I want to make sure I make something clear...this error in the puzzle was not Gummy Lump's fault. The puzzle was already prepackaged when it left Melissa and Doug, so they could not have known just by looking that the piece was wedged in the puzzle. At any rate, the second puzzle I received is perfect!
I love chunky puzzles because you can take the thick, chunky wooden puzzle pieces out of the puzzle and use them for wooden play animals to promote pretend play. The pieces stand up on their own because of the thickness and the whole puzzle is great for a young child to learn matching skills and improve manual dexterity. I picked the Sea Life puzzle because of my love for dolphins and whales. I love this puzzle because of its vibrant colors and fun shapes. It features 7 fun sea life characters: a dolphin, shark, seahorse, lobster, starfish, octopus and whale. My Teela loves it!
I also love that they have a Special Needs section on their website. My daughter, Tatiana, who is 6 years old is multiply handicapped and she would love a lot of the toys under the "Toys for Children with Blindness" section on that page.
Linda at Gummy Lump has has generously offered a Chunky Puzzle of your choice from their online store for one of my readers to win.
1. Go to the Gummy Lump website and tell me by commenting on this post which Chunky Puzzle you would like to win.
1. Subscribe to my blog by email and let me know. (2 extra entries)
2. Become my fan on facebook and write that you are entering this giveaway on my wall. (1 extra entry)
3. Blog about this giveaway on your blog and provide me with the link. Make sure you have the link to this post and Gummy Lump in your blog entry or it won't count. (2 extra entries)
4. Grab My Button (see sidebar to the left) AND/OR Put My Blog URL in Your Blogroll - Leave Your Link. (1 extra entry)
5. Technorati my blog and let me know your link. (1 extra entry)
6. List this giveaway on any giveaway listing website or blog and tell me where you listed it. (2 extra)
7. Add me on Twitter and Tweet this: @finamoon: @gummylump WIN a Gummy Lump Chunky Puzzle #giveaway http://bit.ly/a4GXHb (Daily Extras are Available)
8. Fan Gummy Lump on Facebook. (1 extra entry)
9. Follow Gummy Lump on Twitter. (1 extra entry)
Make sure you leave me your email in all posts so that I can contact you. This contest ends on Friday April 23, 2010 at midnight (GMT-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada). This Giveaway is open to U.S. Only!!
DISCLAIMER: Thanks to Gummy Lump for letting me know about this product and for sending me a free Sea Life Chunky Puzzle by Melissa and Doug to test and review. This giveaway is also provided free from Gummy Lump. My thoughts are mine and my family's own opinion and have not been altered by anyone else. I did not receive any other compensation for doing this review.