I received the Pfizer Pediatric Platform Products that are available at Target free to facilitate this review.
Living on a farm, homemaking, and homeschooling I have a lot to do and accomplish everyday. When my kids get sick everything else seems to come to a sudden halt. Being sick myself or having a sick child can disrupt everything because of the time involved in care. This is why overcoming sickness quickly is a must in my home. Here are some tips to help do so...
- Disinfect things. Surface areas, knobs, handles and other most touched surfaces can cause someone to get germs easily from others who have them if touched by them, so using a disinfectant to wipe these areas down is important.
- Eat Healthy and Get Plenty of Fluids. Eating healthy well balanced meals in your home with your family will help in keeping everyone's body strong. Make sure you and your family also stays hydrated by getting plenty of fluids.
- Get your sleep. Getting a good amount of sleep helps with keeping your body well rested and your immune system working well. Also make sure your family members are not staying up late and are getting proper shuteye.
- Get your exercise. Exercising helps combat health conditions and diseases along with maintaining well being, improving mood, controlling weight and boosting energy. Exercising with someone else; like your family, will keep everyone in shape and help motivate you to do so too.
- Have good hygiene and brush your teeth/tongue/gums regularly. Keeping good care of yourself and making sure to keep good care of others in your family; especially those who are not able to do so themselves, is so important in staying healthy.
- Take the correct medicine when sick. Whether prescription or over the counter you need to know what your or your family member's symptoms are, select the medicine that matches those symptoms or have your doctor do so, and follow the directions to take or give the proper dosage and use as directed.
- Cough into your sleeve (the bend of your elbow) or a tissue not your hands. Don't stifle a cough and don't sniff the mucous back into your lungs. Sneezing, blowing your nose, and coughing are a must when trying to expel germs from the body. Teach others in your family to do this as well.
- Let some fresh air in and don't over heat your house. Overheating and not ventilating properly will only make the air in your home stagnant, stale and dry. Lack of humidity causes our nose and tonsils to dry out so they cannot trap germs efficiently. When this happens it becomes difficult to sneeze and cough. Turning down the thermostat and turning on a room humidifier keeps virus-laden mucus flowing out of your body. As gross as it is you need to get it out of your system.
- Teach children and others how to keep well. The most important times to clean hands include after sneezing, coughing or using the restroom, upon leaving "high-risk" places (recess, nap-time, play stations) and before meals or snacks. Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer regularly. If you are a good example your children will follow. Stress the importance of not touching their eyes, nose or mouth. Germs are often spread when a person touches something that is contaminated with germs and then touches his or her eyes, nose, or mouth. Show your children how to cover their mouth and nose for every cough and sneeze. Better to be on the sleeve than in the hand. This simple maneuver has spectacular results in decreasing the spread of viruses and bacteria floating about the room, waiting to be inhaled.
- Try to stay away from others who are sick and if you get sick try to stay home. Try not to spread germs to others.
About Pfizer Pediatric Platform Products Available at Target:
Ease those aches and pains, while reducing a child’s fever fast with Children’s Advil®, a great solution for kids as young as 2 and up to 11. Children’s Advil® comes in several great-tasting flavors, including: Sugar-free Dye-free Berry, Bubble Gum, Grape, Blue Raspberry, Fruit and Dye-Free White Grape flavors. There’s also Infants’ Advil® White Grape, which provides unsurpassed fever relief with a syringe for easy dosing for children 6-23 months.
Formulated just for kids, Children's Robitussin® DM Day/Night Pack (Children’s Robitussin® Cough & Chest Congestion and Children’s Robitussin® Nighttime Cough) non-drowsy daytime formula helps break up chest congestion, while the long-acting nighttime formula relieves coughs and runny noses to help kids get the rest they need.
All in a great tasting grape flavor, Children’s Dimetapp® Cold & Cough tackles a child’s most bothersome stuffy and runny noses, all while working to relieve cough.
*It is important to remember to always read and keep the cartons for complete warnings and dosing information on Pfizer Pediatric Platform products and to use as directed.
We received the liquid Children’s Advil® in grape flavor. I am glad we did, because my kids don't like the other flavors as well. It says on the package that one dose lasts up to 8 hours which is great when my little ones (2 - 11 years old) get a fever or have minor aches and pain because it means fewer doses are needed per day. This ibuprofen medicine does its job well, breaking fevers and relieving aches and pains quickly which gives me peace of mind. I gave the recommended dose to my 6 year old daughter when she had an ear ache, the pain was gone within moments, and she was able to sleep through the night. I love to know that it is on hand in my medicine cabinet in case it is needed. It is great to be prepared. I also love that it has a child proof cap for safety and comes with a measuring cup for convenience.
The Children's Robitussin® DM Day/Night Pack has two liquid medicines in one pack: Children’s Robitussin® Cough & Chest Congestion and Children’s Robitussin® Nighttime Cough. The Children’s Robitussin® Cough & Chest Congestion is grape flavored, which is my kids' favorite, and is non-drowsy. It has a cough suppressant and a expectorant in it and temporarily relieves chest congestion/mucus and cough. The Children’s Robitussin® Nighttime Cough is fruit punch flavored and is long-acting for up to 8 hours of relief so my child can sleep through the night. It contains a antihistamine and cough suppressant and it temporarily relieves cough and runny nose. This medicine is alcohol free. Both medicines are for ages 6 and over. These medicines work wonderfully for when my kids are coughing. I love that both medicines come in a combo pack for extra convenience and value. I love to save money and not have to purchase two separate products that are even more pricey. This takes the guesswork out of what to buy. I love that they both come with a child proof cap for safety and a measuring cup for convenience.
We also received the liquid Children’s Dimetapp® Cold & Cough in grape flavor. This has an antihistamine, cough suppressant and nasal decongestant in one and temporarily relieves stuffy nose, runny nose, sneezing, itchy-watery eyes, and cough. This medicine is for ages 6 years and over and is alcohol free. Children’s Dimetapp® products have always been a trusted brand in our family. We know that they will do what they are advertised to. The grape flavor of the cough and cold medicine is one of very few flavors that my kids will take readily when needed. I also love that it has a child proof cap for safety and comes with a measuring cup for convenience.
- Sick just got real.™ website
- Sick just got real.™ Facebook page
- Pfizer products available on Target.com
- Use Hashtag #SickJustGotReal
For your convenience you can sometimes buy the product online and pick up in store in as soon as 2 hours. Target will hold it for 4 days after it’s ready.
- Dimetapp Children's Cough/Cold DM grape syrup - 4 Fl Oz.
- Advil® Children's Grape Fever Reducer and Pain Reliever Liquid - 4 fl oz
- Children's Robitussin Day/Night Cough Syrup - 2 count (4 Fl Oz each)
Prize: Win a Pfizer Pediatric Platform Product Bundle
I run giveaways with Rafflecopter on my blog. Please click on this post link if you do not see the script for it below. Also, if there is anything that is wrong with it let me know by emailing me: finamoon AT gmail DOT com I will try my best at fixing it. Thanks for being awesome readers!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
DISCLOSURE/DISCLAIMER: The Pfizer Pediatric Platform products, $50 Target Gift Card, information, and additional gift pack have been provided by Pfizer Consumer Healthcare. My thoughts and reviews are mine and my family's own opinion and have not been altered by anyone else. I did not receive any other compensation for doing this review. The medical information provided on this blog is, at best, of a general nature and cannot substitute for the advice of a medical professional (for instance, a qualified doctor/physician, nurse, pharmacist/chemist, and so on). I am not a medical professional, just a mom with a opinion. Even if a statement made about the medication is accurate, it may not apply to you or your symptoms. I am only suggesting that you should try it for yourself and see if helps your children. People are all different and outcomes could vary drastically.