Thursday, January 29, 2015

My 2015 Resolutions and Goals

My bulbs pushing through the ground, ever upward to feel the sun.

I know that January is almost over, but I wanted to share with you all what I would love to accomplish this year, both off and on my blog. This is my time to reflect upon myself, the Lord, and my life. My resolutions like so many others are a window into what I would love to change, work on, and grow in.

As the first flowers of spring push through the ground ever upward to feel the sun, I am pushing ever upwards in my edification to be more like Christ, the Son of God.


My 2015 Resolutions and Goals
  • To Better Myself - This is a huge resolution that encompasses many aspects of my life.
    • I need to deepen in my faith in The Lord Jesus Christ and be more like him every step of the way. I need to also be more aware of what I do and say to become more Christ-like.
    • I would like to become more independent. I don't want to rely so heavily upon others.
    • A steady progression in my fiber arts studies (sewing, knitting, crochet) is also welcome.
    • I would like to continue my studies about herbs, herbal remedies, foraging, nutrition, and wild/raw foods.
    • My studies about permaculture and how to best apply it to our farm needs to also continue.
    • I would like to learn how to play the guitar and to continue advancing on violin (when I get another one).
    • My fitness regimen needs to be more than chasing kids around the house, shopping, and blogging.
    • I want to make living sustainably a part of my everyday life. Pushing for a more simplistic and less plastic/less waste lifestyle.
    • I would like to cook more healthy meals at home so we don't end up with unhealthy options like takeout or fast food. Growing and having my own healthy food (garden/orchard/greenhouse/aquaponics/chickens/quail) will help with this. Also creating a meal plan will help too.
    • Become a lot more involved with my children. Become a better role model and teacher for them.
    • I need to have a: more organized household and schedule. I need to plan better, be on time, and procrastinate less.

I know that I may not accomplish all of these goals, but I am willing to at least give it a try. I know that circumstances beyond our control sometimes get in the way of progression. Hopefully I can document my growth on here. This is the first installment in my posts about improvements I will be making this year...with me, my blog, and my homestead/farm.

What are you working on this year?

2 comments:

JJ said...

I pray you achieve all your goals. You are a blessing. Hugs Janet

shawneemom said...

I love your #1 goal, this is mine too! Not so easy to accomplish, I have to constantly remind myself to keep trying to be more christlike!