The Lone Ranger has come to Blu-ray Combo Pack, Digital HD and On-Demand December 17th! Loaded with great gun fights, train scenes, and explosions; this cowboy tale gets a new makeover by Disney, Jerry Bruckheimer Films and Director Gore Verbinski. Actors Johnny Depp and Armie Hammer take the lead roles of Tonto and The Lone Ranger in this version.
This Lone Ranger movie tells how Tonto and The Lone Ranger first meet. I never really knew this story myself having never watched the original TV series or read the books, but from what I could tell by reading about the series and characters on Wikipedia this version follows the story line pretty well. I watched a couple of the old TV series in the black and white version to get more of a perspective for my review also.
The actors sure do put their stamp on this film. If you are a fan of Johnny Depp you are sure to love this movie. Johnny Depp certainly adds depth of character and humor to his version of Tonto. The interesting crow hat and face paint are very unique to this Tonto too. Armie Hammer does a very good Lone Ranger. He wears the legendary mask well. His skills on horseback and with a gun are fairly impressive since he had little to no experience previous to his training for this film.
The special effects, music and scenery are awesome! I love the trains and track they built completely from scratch for the movie. You wouldn't be able to get the fantastic authentic feel with just CGI. The also create very authentic looking Comanche Indian teepees for the film. The wardrobes are very nice. I love the music in this! It has some of the original greats from the TV series along with others. You also get to see some gorgeous parts of New Mexico, Utah, Colorado and Arizona.
I loved The Lone Ranger movie! It was very good in my opinion despite all the negative things I had heard about it from others. I thought the humor was refreshing. I loved the actors performance and portrayal of the characters. The action and excitement was great!
Bonus Features: (BD, DVD, Select Digital retailers)
- Blooper Reel (RT 4:12) – BD, DVD & Select Digital Retailers Only
- Deleted Scene - BD & Select Digital Retailers Only
- Riding The Rails Of The Lone Ranger (RT: 10:36) – BD & Select Digital Retailers Only For the production of the movie, director Gore Verbinski had a five mile oval track built along with multiple engines and cars. See the incredible effort that went into crafting such a detailed and important part of The Lone Ranger.
- Armies’s Western Road Trip (RT: 14:28) – BD & Select Digital Retailers Only Armie Hammer (The Lone Ranger) takes viewers on a tour of the scenic locations the production shot in as we see and learn more about the amazing places he went to become The Lone Ranger.
- Becoming A Cowboy (RT: 8:02) – BD & Select Digital Retailers Only Before the cast began shooting the film, they had to learn how to shoot a gun…and ride a horse. In this piece we follow the cowboy (and cowgirl) cast to boot camp, where they got a chance to experience what their characters would really be living like in the Wild West.
Feature Run Time: 2 hrs. 29 min.
You can purchase The Lone Ranger Blu-ray Combo Pack for $19.99 (price when posted) on Amazon.com.
DISCLOSURE/DISCLAIMER: I received product for free to facilitate my review. My thoughts are mine and my family's own opinion and have not been altered by anyone else. I did not receive any other compensation for doing this review.