I have always tried to be organized. In my intentions of becoming more organized though I have been stressing over not being perfect. Being a mother and wife I know what it is like to not always have food on the table at the appropriate hour, having a clothing item like a sock or shoe disappear in the dark void to be found only when one is no longer trying to find it, or having the house cleaned up for guests or after your kids and being exhausted when you only have to clean it up again and again. In this never ending cycle of my being a woman and homemaker I have struggled over minimizing my stuff and to realize that everything doesn't have to be perfect. I have always felt that I have fallen short of my goals because I do not stay focused and in so doing feel somewhat insignificant sometimes especially when my husband expects the world of me.
As a blogger I need to apply the "just say no" chapter more often I think because my blogging lately has been taking over my life and I haven't been able to take control. Until recently I haven't been able to (politely) say no to requests that I don't have time for. After reading this book I have now been able to reevaluate my priorities and set my life onto a better path.
Who said you have to be superwoman to be super organized? Sometimes I wish I had super powers. Don't we all wish this at some point in our lives? If we could just zap our house clean or even just make the dishes wash, dry, and put themselves away. Wouldn't that be something? This however is not reality and we need to come to realize that perfection isn't attainable. However we should take control of our time and stuff wisely so that things do get done and organized in an orderly fashion. This book is the perfect vessel to help you do so!
Purchase this book for $10.17 on Amazon.com.
Global Influence has generously offered another Pretty Neat book for one of my readers to win.
1. Share the area of your home or life that has become the biggest source of organizational stress and why by commenting on this post.
1. Subscribe to my blog by feedburner or by email and let me know which way. (2 extra entries each)
2. Fan/Like me on facebook and write something on my wall. (1 extra entry)
3. Blog about this giveaway on your blog and provide me with the link. Make sure you have the link to this post and Pretty Neat in your blog entry or it won't count. (2 extra entries)
4. Grab My Button (see sidebar to the left) AND/OR Put My Blog URL in Your Blogroll - Leave Your Link. (1 extra entry)
5. Technorati my blog and let me know your link. (1 extra entry)
6. Fave me on Momfaves. (2 extra entries)
7. List this giveaway on any giveaway listing website or blog giveaway linky and tell me where you listed it. (2 extra entries)
8. Post this on your Facebook wall, Kirtsy, and/or StumbleUpon. (2 extra entries for each)
9. Comment on my regular (not giveaway) posts. (1 extra entry per post you comment on)
10. Follow me on Twitter. (1 extra entry)
11. Tweet this: @finamoon: @GetButtonedUp #WIN Pretty Neat book to get organized #giveaway http://bit.ly/fb3qIs (Daily Extras are Available)
12. Fan/Like Get Buttoned Up on Facebook. (1 extra entry)
13. Follow Get Buttoned Up on Twitter. (1 extra entry)
Make sure you leave me your email in all posts so that I can contact you. If you subscribed, blogged about this, listed it, commented on another post, or faved me on Momfaves leave 2 entries saying you did. This contest ends on Friday March 18, 2011 at midnight (GMT-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada). This Giveaway is open to all 18 years and over in the U.S. Only!!
DISCLOSURE/DISCLAIMER: Thanks to Global Influence for providing me with the Pretty Neat book to read and review and another to giveaway for free. I will also be entered into a gift card giveaway for posting this on time. My thoughts are mine and my family's own opinion and have not been altered by anyone else. I did not receive any other compensation for doing this review.